Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:17
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Aug 10, 2009

I'm finding the autosuggest feature in Studio 2009 quite useful and it often comes up with what I'm typing.

Sometimes though it comes up with a string of 2/3 words which I probably will never use, or I get offered the plural when I'd prefer to get the singular and then add an "s" myself if needed. Is there a way of eliminating these entries or modifying them?

I'm talking about entries from an autosuggest dictionary that I generated from a big TM.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 14:17
Spanish
+ ...
Update it manually Aug 10, 2009

As far as I know, you can't update the Autosuggestion entries individually, but you can update the AS dictionary with your updated TM. If your TM is not large enough, just export it to a larger one.

T o b i a s
T o b i a s
Portuguese to English
+ ...
rebuild autosuggest Aug 11, 2009

Since autosuggest is not customizable and is built on a statistical model of probability based on the content of user memories, you might just edit (a copy of) the memory, weeding out (i.e., deleting) the most annoying offenders, and build a new autosuggest dictionary based on the edited memory. Main benefits of the new version, as far as I can see, include is the ease with which memory can be edited and the ease with which new autosuggest dictionaries can be deployed.

[Edited at 2009-08-
... See more
Since autosuggest is not customizable and is built on a statistical model of probability based on the content of user memories, you might just edit (a copy of) the memory, weeding out (i.e., deleting) the most annoying offenders, and build a new autosuggest dictionary based on the edited memory. Main benefits of the new version, as far as I can see, include is the ease with which memory can be edited and the ease with which new autosuggest dictionaries can be deployed.

[Edited at 2009-08-11 23:16 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: modify autosuggest entries

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »