Unknown error report after clean up: (32):
Thread poster: Kate Larabie

Kate Larabie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:50
French to English
Aug 11, 2009

I am trying to clean up some Word documents that I translated about a month ago. I have Trados 2007.

I have opened up the Translators workbench as normal and have no other documents open at the same time. I have clicked on Tools, clean up, then add. I have added the three word documents that I want to clean, then pressed clean up.

It is getting all the way to 98% then giving the following error message which I have never seen before:

(32): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I do not have the folder open anywhere else so I am a bit stuck as to what to do. I have looked through the list of error reports and this one is not there. Can anyone help? Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thank you.

Andrea Brumma
Spain
Local time: 11:50
English to German
+ ...
Workaround Aug 11, 2009

Hi Kate,

As a workaround, you could create a copy of your files and try to clean up the copies.
If you have used or emailed the files today, you could try to shut down the PC or close your email program.

Best,
Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unknown error report after clean up: (32):

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search