Thread poster: David Madsen

David Madsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:27
Member (2009)
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Aug 11, 2009

Hello,
I use Trados workbench 7, build 615 and Multiterm 7.0.1, build 320.
Let me first of all say that I am not a very experienced user of Multiterm, so I hope that my question is not to silly, but looking the documentation on ProZ, I have not been able to find an answer, thus this post.
Recently I had an assignment for an agency that required me to connect to a remote termbase for the first time. The first time I connected everything worked ok. But subsequently I get this error (-2147023174): (-2147023174): Server PRC non disponibile (PRC server not available), in Trados Workbench also when I try to use local termbases. And I can get no matches even for words that I know are in my local termbase.

I am fairly confident that it has something to do with this remote termbase which I have been connected to, so my assumption is that if I can somehow delete this connection the error will go away, but I do not know how to. Under the menu "Settings" I go to "terminology recognition options" and choose browse for "termbase location". I then choose "remote termbase (multiterm server) and I get a prompt to connect to the initial server that I connected too through the agency. And here I am lost. Trados Workbench has remembered the username but not the password. There is also the option "more" which lets me specify the path for the TM server. What I would like is to delete all this information that Trados Workbench keeps in memory to see if that somehow makes the problem go away.
Does anyone know how to do this? Anybody ever experienced the same problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm: Server PRC not available

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 for €415/$495 with free eLearning
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 For this month only – receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Getting Started eLearning for FREE.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search