Multiterm 2009 on Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Thread poster: Evgenia mussuri

Evgenia mussuri
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 13, 2009

hi,
Multiterm 2009 would not launch/run on my Vista Ultimate 64-bit.
"Un unexpected error has occurred while loading the global plug-in services."
Is there anybody who knows how to solve this problem? I would really appreciate any help.
My attempts to contact SLD Trados have been futile so far.

Direct link Reply with quote

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 13:05
English to Portuguese
SDL will release an update to fix that Aug 14, 2009

Hi Evgenia

MTerm 2009 originally does not work on 64-bit Windows systems, either XP 64, Vista 64 or Windows Seven 64, but the problem has already been solved by SDL and they should be releasing an update soon.

Although they state clearly that there is no support for 64-bit systems, they are working hard on that: I have been testing those fixes on my Windows 7 64-bit and now everything is working OK (Studio and MTerm 2009). They will release the new bits in a Service Pack after quality assurance tests.

MTerm 2009 will work great on your Vista 64, just wait a little more.

Best regards

Edric

[Edited at 2009-08-14 02:52 GMT]

Nagwan Noaman  Identity Verified
Yemen
Local time: 18:05
Arabic to English
+ ...
I have the same problem Aug 14, 2009

I have vista 84 bit and I get the same message everytime I try to open Multiterm I just called Trados and they said Multiterm does not work on 84-bit but works on 64-bit!

I still can't believe this. I spent lots of money to buy this software. I feel cheated!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:05
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you really have a 84-bit system? Aug 14, 2009

Multiterm works on 64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium, but this is not officialy supported.
AFAIR it was stated by SDL, that their software does not (yet) support 64-bit operating systems.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
84 bit? Aug 14, 2009

Nagwan Noaman wrote:

I have vista 84 bit and I get the same message everytime I try to open Multiterm I just called Trados and they said Multiterm does not work on 84-bit but works on 64-bit!

I still can't believe this. I spent lots of money to buy this software. I feel cheated!

Are you sure this is correct?
Anyway, I suggest that you read the HW and OS requirements before buying any software.

[Upraveno: 2009-08-14 11:05 GMT]

Yemen
Arabic to English
+ ...
Oops I made a mistake Aug 14, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Nagwan Noaman wrote:

Are you sure this is correct?
Anyway, I suggest that you read the HW and OS requirements before buying any software.

[Upraveno: 2009-08-14 11:05 GMT]

I made a mistake my operating system is 64-bit.

Yemen
Arabic to English
+ ...
I have the same operating system Aug 14, 2009

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Multiterm works on 64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium, but this is not officialy supported.
AFAIR it was stated by SDL, that their software does not (yet) support 64-bit operating systems.

Hi Jerzy,

I have the same operating system 64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium. What do I do to make multiterm work on my computer?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is still in SDL test phase Aug 14, 2009

As already stated above by Edric, SDL is doing very extended tests to the software in order to bring the SP1 to the market. I can't say more, but the information about patience is good

And coming back to the original problem: reading hardware and software compatiblity information prior to buying is a very good thing. Same happened to my with a scaner I've bought - I have had to stop the delivery, as first I couldn't confirm it working with Vista 64. Now I've got the scaner and will test it, but the supplier is aware and will take it back in case of not functioning with Vista.

Evgenia mussuri
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 14, 2009

Edric Barbosa Filho wrote:

Hi Evgenia

MTerm 2009 originally does not work on 64-bit Windows systems, either XP 64, Vista 64 or Windows Seven 64, but the problem has already been solved by SDL and they should be releasing an update soon.

Although they state clearly that there is no support for 64-bit systems, they are working hard on that: I have been testing those fixes on my Windows 7 64-bit and now everything is working OK (Studio and MTerm 2009). They will release the new bits in a Service Pack after quality assurance tests.

MTerm 2009 will work great on your Vista 64, just wait a little more.

Best regards

Edric

[Edited at 2009-08-14 02:52 GMT]

Edric, Thank you for your info and optimism! I am glad to hear that this is a solvable problem.

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:05
English to Dutch
+ ...
Multiterm not 64 bit compatible Oct 10, 2009

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

..reading hardware and software compatiblity information prior to buying is a very good thing. ..

What a load of bull! It's just one of the many, many bugs, glitches and errors in connection with SDL Trados. I can't repeat this often enough:

Not the USER, but the PRODUCER is supposed to 'read' the compatibility information and adapt his product to the market before release.

How long have we had 64 bit OS's now? Another thing SDL failed to do. The managemenr of this company is simply incredibly inept, that's all.

Not that all my software is full 64 bit now, but it all works, most of it in 32 bit compatibility mode, with one, really only one exception: Multiterm.

God, I'm so through with this product.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009 on Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search