.tag file not complete when opening in TagEditor
Thread poster: Claudia Aguirre-Isler

Claudia Aguirre-Isler
Local time: 09:24
English to German
+ ...
Aug 17, 2009

Hello,

I have received a .tag file (exported from Quark) that I need to translate in TagEditor. I can open the file without any error messages, but it only opens the beginning of the document (until page 3 of 205). However, when I open the file in Word or Notepad, I can see the whole document. I use Trados 2007 Freelance. Does anyone know how I can open the whole document in TagEditor? Thank you for your help.

Claudia

[Edited at 2009-08-18 05:43 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:24
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Don't know if this will help, but Aug 18, 2009

you might try creating a new, empty TM, and using the Translate command at 100%, without segmenting unknown sentences. This should produce a TTX file which might be different to what you have been getting.

If that doesn't help, you might consider translating the file in Word after tagging it with e.g. Tortoise Tagger http://accurussian.net/tagger.htm.

HTH

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.tag file not complete when opening in TagEditor

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search