.tag file not complete when opening in TagEditor
Thread poster: Claudia Aguirre-Isler (X)
Claudia Aguirre-Isler (X)
Claudia Aguirre-Isler (X)
Local time: 13:53
English to German
+ ...
Aug 17, 2009

Hello,

I have received a .tag file (exported from Quark) that I need to translate in TagEditor. I can open the file without any error messages, but it only opens the beginning of the document (until page 3 of 205). However, when I open the file in Word or Notepad, I can see the whole document. I use Trados 2007 Freelance. Does anyone know how I can open the whole document in TagEditor? Thank you for your help.

Claudia

[Edited at 2009-08-18 05:43 GMT]

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:53
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Don't know if this will help, but Aug 18, 2009

you might try creating a new, empty TM, and using the Translate command at 100%, without segmenting unknown sentences. This should produce a TTX file which might be different to what you have been getting.

If that doesn't help, you might consider translating the file in Word after tagging it with e.g. Tortoise Tagger http://accurussian.net/tagger.htm.

HTH

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.tag file not complete when opening in TagEditor

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »