converting .txt to Multiterm 2009
Thread poster: Nagwan Noaman

Nagwan Noaman  Identity Verified
Yemen
Local time: 16:49
Arabic to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2009

I have a .txt glossary that I wanted to convert to multiterm 2009. I think the conversion was successful. However when I opened Multiterm and clicked on 'create termbase' (to convert my .xdt file into .sdltb) and chose the .xdt file I would get something like 'can not convert', so I tried converting the .mtf file and it converted it into .sdltb, but then I wouldn't see my terms in multiterm I clicked on different things but the terms were still 'invisible', nothing under 'terms'and nothing under 'browse'!!! What do I do?

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:49
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
You can try an alternative route Aug 20, 2009

Nagwan Noaman wrote:

I have a .txt glossary that I wanted to convert to multiterm 2009. I think the conversion was successful. However when I opened Multiterm and clicked on 'create termbase' (to convert my .xdt file into .sdltb) and chose the .xdt file I would get something like 'can not convert', so I tried converting the .mtf file and it converted it into .sdltb, but then I wouldn't see my terms in multiterm I clicked on different things but the terms were still 'invisible', nothing under 'terms'and nothing under 'browse'!!! What do I do?

I do not have Multiterm 2009 but a colleague reported that he successfully used the XML file generated with the method described in the link below to create a Multiterm 2009 termbase. So, the Bilingual Glossary Template is still supported in Multiterm 2009.

To learn more, please follow this link: http://www.strefatlumaczen.pl/multiterm.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Piotr

Olav Karlsen
Norway
Local time: 15:49
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Converting TMs as .txt file into Multiterm 2009 Aug 20, 2009

I think it is a shame that SDL cannot provide an option for importing the old txt format. My regular client sends TM's in the old format, and for the time being I will have to wait for a solution. Luckily more and more clients turn to Across.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

converting .txt to Multiterm 2009

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search