converting .txt to Multiterm 2009
Thread poster: Nagwan Noaman

Nagwan Noaman  Identity Verified
Yemen
Local time: 10:25
Arabic to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2009

I have a .txt glossary that I wanted to convert to multiterm 2009. I think the conversion was successful. However when I opened Multiterm and clicked on 'create termbase' (to convert my .xdt file into .sdltb) and chose the .xdt file I would get something like 'can not convert', so I tried converting the .mtf file and it converted it into .sdltb, but then I wouldn't see my terms in multiterm I clicked on different things but the terms were still 'invisible', nothing under 'terms'and nothing under 'browse'!!! What do I do?

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:25
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
You can try an alternative route Aug 20, 2009

Nagwan Noaman wrote:

I have a .txt glossary that I wanted to convert to multiterm 2009. I think the conversion was successful. However when I opened Multiterm and clicked on 'create termbase' (to convert my .xdt file into .sdltb) and chose the .xdt file I would get something like 'can not convert', so I tried converting the .mtf file and it converted it into .sdltb, but then I wouldn't see my terms in multiterm I clicked on different things but the terms were still 'invisible', nothing under 'terms'and nothing under 'browse'!!! What do I do?

I do not have Multiterm 2009 but a colleague reported that he successfully used the XML file generated with the method described in the link below to create a Multiterm 2009 termbase. So, the Bilingual Glossary Template is still supported in Multiterm 2009.

To learn more, please follow this link: http://www.strefatlumaczen.pl/multiterm.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Piotr

Olav Karlsen
Norway
Local time: 08:25
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Converting TMs as .txt file into Multiterm 2009 Aug 20, 2009

I think it is a shame that SDL cannot provide an option for importing the old txt format. My regular client sends TM's in the old format, and for the time being I will have to wait for a solution. Luckily more and more clients turn to Across.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

converting .txt to Multiterm 2009

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search