Fields in Studio 2009
Thread poster: Robert Fischer

Robert Fischer  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:30
German to English
Aug 19, 2009

How can I enter a field for the document I am currently translating? I would in particular like to enter the name of the end client I am translating for and the name of the document.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:30
English to Czech
+ ...
Fields Aug 20, 2009

Hi Robert,
AFAIK, you have to create fields and picklists already when you create the TM. You can later fill them in using the Batch Edit feature in the TM Maintenance window.

[Upraveno: 2009-08-20 09:08 GMT]

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 10:30
Spanish
+ ...
Fields Aug 20, 2009

In the Translation Memory area, right-click on the translation memory and select Settings. From the list on the left, select fields and settings. Give the field a name, choose the type, add the values for the picklist or leave it blank for text, check or leave uncheck the Allow Multiple Values box.

For clients, I always use a Picklist with Multiple Values (for agency and end-client) and for the document, I actually use the full location of the project, I use a Text value.

Once the fields are entered in the TM, go to Project settings. Go to Language Pairs>Your Languages (I personally don't use All Language Pairs, but that's just me)>Translation Memory (here, you need to add the TM)>Update. The fields should be visible in this view, just enter the values (picklist and text).

Regards,

Claudia

[Edited at 2009-08-20 13:51 GMT]

Robert Fischer  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:30
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 20, 2009

Both comments were helpful, especially Claudia's. I found some of the information in the Help files but I was a little hesitant because I thought I might make a global change to the TM.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:30
English to Czech
+ ...
My mistake Aug 21, 2009

Hi Robbert,
I apologize for giving incorrect information. Claudia is right.
Once you have created your fields and added them to the TM definition, you can use the Filter and Batch Edit features to change the status of the fields. Works fine.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fields in Studio 2009

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search