Gretel Schoukens  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 04:10
Member (2008)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 20, 2009

Hello,

Normally, I don't have any problems to open and save .ppt-documents in TagEditor. Only one file of a project doesn't want to open (about 62 kB). I got the following message:

AppName: tageditor.exe AppVer: 8.3.0.863 ModName: msvcp80.dll
ModVer: 8.0.50727.762 Offset: 0000dead5

(with a lot more I can't copy)

and TagEditor closes.

Is there a size limit for documents to open? What could I do?

Thanks for suggestions!

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Try saving the PPT in another PPT format Aug 20, 2009

For example, if you have PowerPoint 2003, you can download the Microsoft Office 2007 Compatibility Pack (or sth. like that) that allows you to save Office files in the 2007 formats. Then you can save the PPT as PPTX and try to open that in TE. If it already is a PPTX, save it as a PPT and so on.

Also, TE might not open a PPTX file if it is saved with the PPT extension. Try changing it to PPTX and see what happens.

TE is also picky about filenames - if the PPT has a complicated filename with more than one extension, multiple dots etc., try simplifying the filename.

Hope that helps - the error message was too short to guess the cause of the problem.

PS. If you don't have to use TE, you could try the Werecat tool that copies translatable content between PowerPoint and Word.

Gretel Schoukens  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2008)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you! Aug 21, 2009

Thank you, Adam, for your reaction. I could save the file as .pptx and than TagEditor would open it. Why it didn't want this .ppt-file, although it opened others, I don't know, but anyway...

Have a nice day!
Gretel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor don't want to open .ppt

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search