Is there a way to lock all confirmed segments in SDL Edit?
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 06:35
Spanish
+ ...
Aug 21, 2009

I was given an SDLX file and I was told not to touch the confirmed segments. So, I want to lock all those segments, work on my translation and at the end do the QA on all the unlocked segments.

Is there a way to lock all confirmed segments at once?

PS. Just in case, is there a way to do that (batch locking certain segments, like all translated or reviewed segments) in Studio?

[Edited at 2009-08-21 03:36 GMT]

Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:35
English to German
I think so Aug 21, 2009

Have you tried Edit > Lock Segments? In the dialog, you can select which segments you want to lock, in your case "Translated".

HTH.

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 12:35
Member (2003)
English to French
Related query Aug 21, 2009

Claudia, I hope you won't mind if I add some elements to this query, since I am in a related situation, but using SDL Trados 2007 (and also contemplating using Studio).

I have one client who doesn't want 100% matches to be reviewed, and accordingly doesn't pay for them, but who all the same includes the complete un-pretranslated document in the translation kit.

When translating I am using Alt-* (skips 100% matches to next fuzzy / new word).

My workflow however includes a complete review, segment by segment, before delivery, and of course Alt-* wouldn't work this time since by now everything is in the TM.

The original match figure is still included in each segment, but how can I use this to automatically discriminate segments and review only the "not originally 100% match" ones?

I would like to either lock the originally 100% match segments, or have a command that skips them at reviewing time.

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 12:35
Member (2003)
English to French
Ignore my previous message, I will create a new topic Aug 21, 2009

I realize that the topic title restricts this to SDL Edit, so it's not a good idea to add my question here. I am reposting this as a separate topic.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 06:35
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Rebekka Aug 21, 2009

Rebekka Groß wrote:

Have you tried Edit > Lock Segments? In the dialog, you can select which segments you want to lock, in your case "Translated".

HTH.

I didn't know about that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to lock all confirmed segments in SDL Edit?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search