Thread poster: Zbigniew Szalbot

Zbigniew Szalbot  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:32
English to Polish
+ ...
Aug 21, 2009

Hello,

I have bit of a problem with Trados 2007. I select Tools > Plug-ins and then check the Spelling Checkers check box. I select the option Microsoft Word Spelling Checker 2.0, click OK and all seems fine. However, when I close and open Trados again (actually close and re-open a project), the setting is unchecked. What can be done about it? The setting is clearly not sticky in my case.

Thank you very much!

Zbigniew Szalbot

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
What works for me in Polish Aug 21, 2009

is "Word Spelling Checker" - the third option. I haven't even tried the other one. It works well as a spellchecker, but causes annoying problems with Word remaining in the background. For example, if you open a Word file while translating in TE, the spellchecker might tell you it found no errors, but the file hasn't actually been checked. Or you may have problems analysing in TWB, if a Word process is still active. So, it's a good idea to check the Task Manager for invisible Word processes. Otherwise, it's ok.

Zbigniew Szalbot  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue seems fixed Aug 21, 2009

Adam Łobatiuk wrote:

is "Word Spelling Checker" - the third option. I haven't even tried the other one. It works well as a spellchecker, but causes annoying problems with Word remaining in the background.

I do not know what happend but after several save operations this setting finally is sticky. However, I can confirm that I had a similar problem yesterday - I had to restart to resume normal work and use spell checking.

Thank you very much for your advice though!

Zbiniew Szalbot

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spelling Checkers

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search