Trados 2009 TM import field name invalid
Thread poster: Rudy Trullemans
Rudy Trullemans
Rudy Trullemans  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:20
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 21, 2009

I bought Trados 2009 Studio yesterday and am importing TM's from my old computer with a Trados 2007 running to my new computer with Trados 2009.

I exported one of my TM's as a .tmx an had no difficulty importing it in Trados 2009.

The second TM I exported as an .tmx en tried to import in Trados 2009 gave me the error: "FIELD NAME IS INVALID".

I've tried it with the different tmx-formats but that doesn't work. I even exported the TM to an txt-file (but appar
... See more
I bought Trados 2009 Studio yesterday and am importing TM's from my old computer with a Trados 2007 running to my new computer with Trados 2009.

I exported one of my TM's as a .tmx an had no difficulty importing it in Trados 2009.

The second TM I exported as an .tmx en tried to import in Trados 2009 gave me the error: "FIELD NAME IS INVALID".

I've tried it with the different tmx-formats but that doesn't work. I even exported the TM to an txt-file (but apparently that can't be imported anymore in 2009 - correct me if I'm wrong - re-importing it in a new TM with a different name, than exporting that to a new TM, but I get the same error while importing in 2009. Meanwhile the TM works fine in 2007, no problems there.

I also tried it after reorganizing the TM but to no effect.

Is there a solution for this problem?
Collapse

Ulf Norlinger
Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Check for illegal chars in field names Aug 22, 2009

Special characters (">", "

Rudy Trullemans
Rudy Trullemans  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Switched back to 2007 Aug 29, 2009

Thanks for the info.

I didn't have time quite yet to check this 250 MB TM in notepad, but your explanation seems logical.

Meanwhile I've stopped working with 2009 after two days because I faced a lot of other issues with 2009:

* not able to work with Word bilinguals (and the procedure of converting to .ttx isn't a good solution)

* trados 2009 crashing a lot

* etc.

I've upgraded a 2006 I bought in 2006 to a 2009 version
... See more
Thanks for the info.

I didn't have time quite yet to check this 250 MB TM in notepad, but your explanation seems logical.

Meanwhile I've stopped working with 2009 after two days because I faced a lot of other issues with 2009:

* not able to work with Word bilinguals (and the procedure of converting to .ttx isn't a good solution)

* trados 2009 crashing a lot

* etc.

I've upgraded a 2006 I bought in 2006 to a 2009 version, to get the free 2007 license. I had to contact the Trados Licensing department first though, since my 2006 license had disappeared from my account...

It has taken a week to get everything up and running + many hours of reworking a translation I had begun in 2009. Not quite the service level one might expect.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 TM import field name invalid

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »