Trados 2009 TM import field name invalid
Thread poster: Rudy Trullemans

Rudy Trullemans  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:17
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 21, 2009

I bought Trados 2009 Studio yesterday and am importing TM's from my old computer with a Trados 2007 running to my new computer with Trados 2009.

I exported one of my TM's as a .tmx an had no difficulty importing it in Trados 2009.

The second TM I exported as an .tmx en tried to import in Trados 2009 gave me the error: "FIELD NAME IS INVALID".

I've tried it with the different tmx-formats but that doesn't work. I even exported the TM to an txt-file (but apparently that can't be imported anymore in 2009 - correct me if I'm wrong - re-importing it in a new TM with a different name, than exporting that to a new TM, but I get the same error while importing in 2009. Meanwhile the TM works fine in 2007, no problems there.

I also tried it after reorganizing the TM but to no effect.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Check for illegal chars in field names Aug 22, 2009

Special characters (">", "

Rudy Trullemans  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Switched back to 2007 Aug 29, 2009

Thanks for the info.

I didn't have time quite yet to check this 250 MB TM in notepad, but your explanation seems logical.

Meanwhile I've stopped working with 2009 after two days because I faced a lot of other issues with 2009:

* not able to work with Word bilinguals (and the procedure of converting to .ttx isn't a good solution)

* trados 2009 crashing a lot

* etc.

I've upgraded a 2006 I bought in 2006 to a 2009 version, to get the free 2007 license. I had to contact the Trados Licensing department first though, since my 2006 license had disappeared from my account...

It has taken a week to get everything up and running + many hours of reworking a translation I had begun in 2009. Not quite the service level one might expect.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 TM import field name invalid

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search