Trouble with "Saving as" function - urgent
Thread poster: HealthcarePro

HealthcarePro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:25
English to German
Aug 24, 2009

Hi,

I'm new to Trados, just bought the 2009 version and thought I'd give it a try with a file (MS word 2003) I am working on. Halfway through the document and after various smaller problems with the software I decided to stop, save what I had so far in a word doc and continue in Word and leave Trados be until I have had some training/time to study the tutorials. So far so good.

But I was unable to save as a Word doc, the "Save as" function didn't work ('Unable to open "Save as" window') so I decided to save normally which I believe creates a .sdlproj file. I closed Trados and reopened and tried to open said sdlproj-file only now Trados tells me it doesn't support that file type!

Have I just lost all my work? Am I just being dumb or is there soemthing majorly wrong with Trados Studio 2009? If anyone has a solution or similar experience please let me know.

Direct link Reply with quote

Spain
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
update Aug 24, 2009

I managed to save my work so far but it was more troublesome than i would have expected... I will continue in Word for now. The amount of error messages I got to see in the 3 hours i spent working with TRados is pretty staggering, maybe it's just my lack of experience with the software, but it seems as if there are an awful lot of bugs in this expensive piece of software... thoughts anyone?

KB2754.zip Aug 24, 2009

Download from sdl the patch file kb2754.zip and install it (if you haven't already). This should reduce the frequency of crashes.

Whenever you start a new project, the first thing to do is run "save as" in order to "test" the project. This will save you countless headaches.

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:25
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
It is not you Aug 24, 2009

Search the forums and avoid the pitfalls.

Spain
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Reply to Tobias Aug 26, 2009

Is this patch file really for the SDL Trados Studio 2009 version? I can't seem to find it on their website, the only thing they are offering is something for users of an older version to help them with compatibility issues, not interesting for me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble with "Saving as" function - urgent

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search