Segment issues when opening ttx files in 2009 Studio
Thread poster: Peter R

Peter R
Local time: 04:58
Aug 25, 2009

Hi there,

I'm a relatively new user to Trados and the agency I work for has recently upgraded to 2009 Studio.

We quite often have to open ttx files in 2009 Studio that were created with Trados 2007, which occasionally has the strange effect of merging lots of segments into one.

Does anyone have any idea why this is and how it might be solved?

I would much appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers!

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:58
English to Czech
+ ...
Segmentation Aug 25, 2009

Hi Peter,
your description of your problem is quite general, and so is my answer: in TWB, try to play with the segmentation rules for the TM you use to create the TTX files.

Peter R
Local time: 04:58
TOPIC STARTER
Paragraph break rule Aug 26, 2009

Hi Stanislav,

thanks for your reply. To give a more detailed description of the problem we're having, 2009 Studio seems to be ignoring hard returns in the ttx file in question and only splitting the segments when there are full-stops, colons, etc.

I've opened the same ttx file in Trados 2007 and it doesn't have this problem.

Having had a look in the segmentation rules for both 2007 and 2009, the key difference appears to be that in 2007, the TM has a paragraph break rule, but in 2009 there isn't one. What makes this even stranger is that this problem does not occur with any other TMs in 2009, even though none of them have the paragraph break rule.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segment issues when opening ttx files in 2009 Studio

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search