Trados Studio - working on two computers - which file to copy?
Thread poster: Leena vom Hofe

Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:36
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 26, 2009

Dear all,

Normally I work on a desktop computer using Trados Studio. I created a project with several files (chapters in a manual) - these are MIF FrameMaker files.

Now I have installed Studio on my notebook and want to work on the same files there. I have copied the whole project and translated one chapter.

Today I am back in the office wanting to translate on, using my desktop computer. Which files do I have to copy (using an USB-flash drive)? I tried to copy again the whole project folder as well as the TM, but Studio on my desktop doesn't show the changes I have made on my notebook (the chapter still is not translated and the TM doesn't insert the segments as 100 % matches).

Is there a chance to copy only the chapter I have worked on using my notebook? Or will I have to create a new project everytime?

Is a transfer of data possible? Or will I have to create a network? (No time for this...icon_frown.gif )

Thanks a million for your help

Leena

PS.Working with my notebook I didn't have the autosuggest function (although I created an autosuggest dictionary in Studio on my notebook). What am I to do to be able to switch computers and use the same functions?

[Edited at 2009-08-26 07:38 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio - working on two computers - which file to copy?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search