Trados Studio - working on two computers - which file to copy?
Thread poster: Leena vom Hofe

Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:59
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 26, 2009

Dear all,

Normally I work on a desktop computer using Trados Studio. I created a project with several files (chapters in a manual) - these are MIF FrameMaker files.

Now I have installed Studio on my notebook and want to work on the same files there. I have copied the whole project and translated one chapter.

Today I am back in the office wanting to translate on, using my desktop computer. Which files do I have to copy (using an USB-flash drive)? I tried to copy again the whole project folder as well as the TM, but Studio on my desktop doesn't show the changes I have made on my notebook (the chapter still is not translated and the TM doesn't insert the segments as 100 % matches).

Is there a chance to copy only the chapter I have worked on using my notebook? Or will I have to create a new project everytime?

Is a transfer of data possible? Or will I have to create a network? (No time for this... )

Thanks a million for your help

Leena

PS.Working with my notebook I didn't have the autosuggest function (although I created an autosuggest dictionary in Studio on my notebook). What am I to do to be able to switch computers and use the same functions?

[Edited at 2009-08-26 07:38 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio - working on two computers - which file to copy?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search