Can't create a new project in Synergy with .ttx-file made out of an xml-file
Thread poster: Thor Henrik Braarvig

Thor Henrik Braarvig  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 18:21
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Aug 26, 2009

I've got a .ttx file with an ini-file. The original file is an xml-file.

After importing the ini-file into Workbench and TagEditor I was able to open the ttx-file with TagEditor and after connecting TagEdior to Workbench I can translate the file.

My questions are:

- Does the new translation units get added to the TM when I'm doing it this way?

- Is there a way that I can get this project into Synergy? That'd make me feel a bit safer somehow. And I would be able to track my progress.

I'm looking forward to your replies!

...Thor

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Replies Aug 26, 2009

Hi Thor,
here are my replies:
Does the new translation units get added to the TM when I'm doing it this way?

Yes, they do.

Is there a way that I can get this project into Synergy? That'd make me feel a bit safer somehow. And I would be able to track my progress.

You can add the INI file while setting up your project in Synergy. To do so, once you have added the files/folder to translate, click on the files in the "Add files" dialog box and then on the "File Type" button. Then select the appropriate INI file. Synergy will then create TTX files using the INI file you have specified.

[Upraveno: 2009-08-26 14:50 GMT]

Thor Henrik Braarvig  Identity Verified
Norway
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 26, 2009

Hi Stanislav,

thanks a lot! That worked!icon_smile.gif

You saved my day...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't create a new project in Synergy with .ttx-file made out of an xml-file

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search