TagEditor: Change colour of text
Thread poster: Kenneth Friend

Kenneth Friend
Germany
Local time: 02:40
German to English
Aug 27, 2009

Hello,

I am working on a large project with TagEditor and have just discovered that a great deal of the text shows up in the active segment as snow-white against either pale blue or pale yellow. After only a few minutes my eyes are ding and I have miles to go. I have asked my client for Word files, but might not get them. Is anyone aware of a technical possibility within TagEditor for creating a more bearable working atmosphere. Would appreciate any help. I am working with TagEditor from SDLTrados 2007

Thanks
Kenneth

Direct link Reply with quote

vaska
Local time: 03:40
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Change text colour in TagEditor Aug 27, 2009

Hello Kenneth,

to change the colour of the plain text you can do the following:

In TagEditor choose Tools-->Tag Settings.
In the list select the file you use for your project and press the Properties button.
On the Defaults tab of the Tag Setting Properties windows you can change the font settings, including size, colour and type.

Hope this will help

CristinaPereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:40
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Translated Text Colours Aug 27, 2009

Hi Kenneth,

In Workbench, click in Options and then in Translated Text Colours. There you can change colours both in target and source text.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Kenneth Friend
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 27, 2009

Hi, thanks for the attempt, but nothing has changed after trying your suggestion. There is a significant portion of the text that is already black in the source text and also shows up black in the target segement, but there is also some text in the document that you can't even see at all until the segment opens up, and then only as previously described (white on blue and yellow). Normally this means that the origin text is probably white against another coloured background, I think, at least from past experience. I have had this problem before, but it has never been so problemaic as now, since it has usually only been one or two segments, but here there may be hundreds. I'll go blind!!

Kenneth Friend
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks vaska Aug 27, 2009

But your suggestion didn't work either. I did s you said and the default was already set for black. I moved it to black again anyway and pressed OK, but it changed nothing in the file, as much of the text is black to sart with, but about 1/4 of it still shows up as white against blue/yellow. I think I may just translate the black text and ignore the white for now and ask my client to send me proper word files with the untranslated white text afterwards. One can't be expected to work this way.

Hidetoshi kudo
Australia
Local time: 11:40
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Font adaptation Aug 27, 2009

Hi Kenneth,
Have you tried font adaptation?
All programs -> SDL international -> SDL trados 2007 -> Trados -> Filters -> Filter Setting
Here you will find "Adapt text colours"
You might be able to find something you are looking for in the drop-down.

Hidetoshi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: Change colour of text

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search