clean up error in Trados, unable to locate orig. file
Thread poster: gulafija

gulafija
Local time: 07:27
English to Latvian
+ ...
Aug 27, 2009

Hello,

I am new here in proz.com, but good friend of mine suggested ask for help here.

The problem is that just finished translating quite big document in TagEditor and tried to clean it up, but all I got was error -2147467259: unable to locate original file.

I had this problem before, but that was all because of my fault. When copied it back to original location, everything was fine. But now, all the files are there, but problem still remains.

I would be very grateful, if anybody could help me with this. Otherwise I'm quite desperate already...

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 06:27
German
+ ...
Look closely Aug 27, 2009

If you look at the EXACT filename including the path (see the log file for this), you will probably see that the file in question is not there.

In my years of experience with this message it has ALWAYS proved true in the end - the file is just not there. Maybe it has a slightly different, if very similar, name?

HTH,

Benjamin

Hidetoshi kudo
Australia
Local time: 15:27
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Have you changed the file name? Aug 27, 2009

Hi gulafija,

Check that the file names are unchanged from the original files.
If the source file was provided via e-mail and the ttx file was directly created from the original source file, get the original file from the e-mail once again and try clean-up. This is what I can think of...

Hidetoshi

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:27
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Flowchart Aug 27, 2009

Clean up in TagEditor is different, you either save the file as target or as bilingual depending on the use of TWB. See Section 4, page 4-7 of the Translator's Workbench Guide for a flowchart.

If you did not use TWB and "saved as bilingual" then you need to do the clean up. If you used the TWB and "saved as target" no need for clean up, the file is already cleaned upon saving and TM is already updated.

gulafija
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
saved as bilingual Aug 27, 2009

Luisa,

thanks for advice, but I saved the file as bilingual and clean up does not work. Tried also to save this file "save target as", but there is the same error.

gulafija
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yeah, I really had to look closer Aug 27, 2009

tectranslate wrote:

If you look at the EXACT filename including the path (see the log file for this), you will probably see that the file in question is not there.

In my years of experience with this message it has ALWAYS proved true in the end - the file is just not there. Maybe it has a slightly different, if very similar, name?

HTH,

Benjamin

Thank you Benjamin,

I had really moved the original file to other folder, but I was so sure I didn't do it... Sometimes you need someone else to point to your mistakes..
Luckily everything's fine now!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

clean up error in Trados, unable to locate orig. file

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 for €415/$495 with free eLearning
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 For this month only – receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Getting Started eLearning for FREE.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search