Martine FILIPTCHENKO  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:01
Member (2006)
French to Russian
+ ...
Aug 27, 2009

Hello,

Each time I open a TTX file with Studio 2009 I get the following error message:

"Error thrown by a dependency of object "Quick Tags" defined in 'Object XML' Initialization of object failed Cannot find matching factory method Create on type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.Quick Tag]. while resolving contructor argument (11) to ('inner object') defined in 'Oject XML'

I contacted trados support and they did spend a hours trying to help me sol
... See more
Hello,

Each time I open a TTX file with Studio 2009 I get the following error message:

"Error thrown by a dependency of object "Quick Tags" defined in 'Object XML' Initialization of object failed Cannot find matching factory method Create on type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.Quick Tag]. while resolving contructor argument (11) to ('inner object') defined in 'Oject XML'

I contacted trados support and they did spend a hours trying to help me solve the problem, but with no avail.

I was wondering if anyone encountered the same problem and managed to solve it?

Best regards
Martine
Collapse

Remigiusz Drewniak KONTYNENT
Remigiusz Drewniak KONTYNENT  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
Spanish to Polish
+ ...
error thrown... Mar 6, 2010

I have the same problem...

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you modifiy any QuickPlace settings? Mar 6, 2010

Or any other file settings in Studio?
Could you copy the file type definition files from Studio installation directory to your user account directory in Windows? I do not have the exact path, but you can searc for sdlfiletype on your system.

Remigiusz Drewniak KONTYNENT
Remigiusz Drewniak KONTYNENT  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
Spanish to Polish
+ ...
the file definition for studio 2009 Mar 6, 2010

The problem disappears when the file is converted to rtf.
I can copy the file Word2007.sdlfiletype, but it is too large to paste it here.

[Zmieniono 2010-03-06 19:00 GMT]

I have deleted an empty Quickinsert tag in Project>Project settings>FileTypes>MSWord2007>Quickinsert (Remove button) and it Works! The error doesn't show up!

Thank you Jerzy, for pointing at the problem source.

[Zmieniono 2010-03-06 19:07 GMT]

patrick pubben
patrick pubben  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Dutch
And what does this mean for tageditor ttx files? Mar 15, 2010

The original problem concerned ttx-files. I still don't know how to solve this problem when working with tageditor ttx files in studio 2009. Any ideas for someone not too familiar with the ins and outs of studio 2009?

Michael McCain (X)
Michael McCain (X)  Identity Verified
France
Arabic to English
+ ...
Neither of Jerzy's solutions worked for me Oct 11, 2010

I am getting the "Error thrown by..." message even after trying Jerzy's 2 solutions.
I've tried converting DOC to DOCX and RTF before converting to TTX.
I have SDL Trados STudio 2009 Freelance, Vista.

I specifically upgraded to Trados Studio for this large, albeit simple Word translation.

Suggestions from experienced users would be appreciated.

Update: I think I've solved my problem as follows: I have to translate 120 pages of a 150 page W
... See more
I am getting the "Error thrown by..." message even after trying Jerzy's 2 solutions.
I've tried converting DOC to DOCX and RTF before converting to TTX.
I have SDL Trados STudio 2009 Freelance, Vista.

I specifically upgraded to Trados Studio for this large, albeit simple Word translation.

Suggestions from experienced users would be appreciated.

Update: I think I've solved my problem as follows: I have to translate 120 pages of a 150 page Word file with 30000 words. I had been deleting the 30 pages that I don't need to translate and using the same document (saving it as RTF, DOC, DOCX, etc.). What finally worked was creating a new Word file and inserting my portion of the file (using Insert/Object/Text from file in Word 2007), saving as DOCX, Translating in TWB (with 'TradostagXML for Word doc files' selected) to create a TTX and then translating in SDL Trados Studio.

I should add that I also 'repaired' the Studio installation in Windows Add/Remove Programs (Vista), which may have been a factor.

[Edited at 2010-10-12 17:24 GMT]
Collapse

Michael McCain (X)
France
Arabic to English
+ ...
Error saving SDXLiff target as TTX Oct 18, 2010

I've completed the 120-page doc referred to above but can't re-create the TTX.
I select File/Save Target As/TradosTagDocument and receive this error message: "Failed to save target content: object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I've done a tag verification and corrected all errors. Is there a solution to this SDL bug?

Update: problem solved by saving original DOCX as RTF and then DOCX again, and then translating in SDL Trados Studio. This too
... See more
I've completed the 120-page doc referred to above but can't re-create the TTX.
I select File/Save Target As/TradosTagDocument and receive this error message: "Failed to save target content: object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I've done a tag verification and corrected all errors. Is there a solution to this SDL bug?

Update: problem solved by saving original DOCX as RTF and then DOCX again, and then translating in SDL Trados Studio. This took 1.5 hours since there were 130 new tag errors that weren't in the previous SDLXliff file. I don't know why this worked, since I'd already saved as RTF and back to DOCX the first time through. But I did learn that SDL Studio's DOCX-TTX-SDLXliff-TTX-DOCx workflow works if you aren't daunted by inexplicable error messages.

[Редактировалось 2010-10-18 12:21 GMT]
Collapse

Michael McCain (X)
France
Arabic to English
+ ...
Error still appearing Feb 7, 2011

Update: it's been several months and I still get the "Error thrown by a dependency of object..." error nearly every time I try the TTX workflow in Studio.

The solutions proposed above (in this forum) don't work or don't apply. I presume other translators are having this problem. Any solutions out there??

Rosemary Vandertop
Rosemary Vandertop  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:01
Dutch to English
I have the same problem Feb 10, 2011

I have the same problem. In fact, I've wasted more time trying to install and/or solve Studio 2009 problems than I've spent translating (I'm a full time translator and I've also done 2 webinars on Studio 2009 and MultiTerm, to no avail). Could anyone advise me on translation software with fewer problems, I want to cut my losses and just get back to work.

KONSTANTIN
KONSTANTIN
Local time: 03:01
English to Russian
+ ...
The problem is present even in new update Apr 11, 2011

Dear friends!
As many of you, I've encountered mentioned problem when I opened TTX file.

Error thrown by a dependency of object 'QuickTags' defined in 'object XML' : Initialization of object failed : Cannot find matching factory method 'Create on Type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.QuickTag].
while resolving 'constructor argument[11]' to '(inner object)' defined in 'object XML'

It's a pity, that the trouble happens in the new
... See more
Dear friends!
As many of you, I've encountered mentioned problem when I opened TTX file.

Error thrown by a dependency of object 'QuickTags' defined in 'object XML' : Initialization of object failed : Cannot find matching factory method 'Create on Type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.QuickTag].
while resolving 'constructor argument[11]' to '(inner object)' defined in 'object XML'

It's a pity, that the trouble happens in the newest update of Trados 2009 (9.1.2296.4) available now. Nevertheless, I can handle TTX file after closing the window with error message. The TTX file is translated and saved as for normal mode. But I'm not sure, that the translation process will always be proper under such an error.
Collapse

Michael McCain (X)
France
Arabic to English
+ ...
Still having this error with TTX files Nov 16, 2011

Has anyone found a solution to this? I bought Studio many headaches ago assuming it could handle my customers' TTX files, yet most of the time it can't. This has been severely disrupting my bidness for too long now.

Please, one more time, has anyone found a solution to the "Error thrown by a dependency..."?

Contact me directly if you want to bill me for this info (provided you are not SDL!).

grrr

Ines R.
Ines R.
Spain
Spanish to German
+ ...
I have the same error Feb 16, 2012

Dear all,

I have the same error and the problem is the client (agency) can't see the text in the xcliff file...

here is what I found in the support page of SDLX:
Error thrown by a dependency of object 'QuickTags' defined in 'transformed file [Word2003.sdlfiletype]' : Initialization of object failed : Cannot find matching factory method 'Create on Type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Int
... See more
Dear all,

I have the same error and the problem is the client (agency) can't see the text in the xcliff file...

here is what I found in the support page of SDLX:
Error thrown by a dependency of object 'QuickTags' defined in 'transformed file [Word2003.sdlfiletype]' : Initialization of object failed : Cannot find matching factory method 'Create on Type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.IntegrationApi.IconDescriptor]. while resolving 'constructor argument[0]' to '(inner object)' defined in 'transformed file [Word2003.sdlfiletype]' while resolving 'Icon' to '(inner object)' defined in 'transformed file [Word2003.sdlfiletype]'
Note: The error message shown here relates to the Word 2000-2003 File Type, but the equivalent error can occur with all other File Types.

I think SDL should think about an easy method so that we can work without

problems!

Regards

Ines
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 : Error thrown by a dependency of object Quick Tag

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »