Populating TM in Studio 2009
Thread poster: HealthcarePro
HealthcarePro
HealthcarePro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:18
English to German
Aug 28, 2009

Hi, I'm a first time user of TRADOS (SDL Trados Studio 2009 freelance). I wondered if I could use the many exisitng translations I have as word docs in order to populate my TM? Is there a way Studio can align these docs and extract the contents to the TM? If so how do I go about it? Is it advisable to do that?

Thanks for yopur help.

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:18
English to Czech
+ ...
WinAlign Aug 28, 2009

Hi there,
that's what WinAlign is for. You will need the source-language and the equivalent target-language documents. Then use WinAlign to pair the individual sentences (or segments), export as TMX, create a new TM and import the TMX there.

T o b i a s
T o b i a s
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Part of SDL Trados 2007 Aug 28, 2009

If you are a first time user of Trados, it may not be obvious that Winalign is "Part of SDL Trados 2007". You can find the program easily if you open up the "SDL Trados Synergy" shell interface.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Populating TM in Studio 2009

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »