SDL Trados Teamworks: request for info / feedback
Thread poster: gilkain
gilkain
Local time: 04:25
English to French
+ ...
Aug 28, 2009

We are currently evaluating SDL Trados Teamworks 2008 and SDL Trados 2007 (client-server configuration). I would like to get in touch with other users of Teamworks in order to get their opinion about that tool. Are some of you using Teamworks for reporting and statistics ? Also, does anybody know what is going to happen to Teamworks now that Studio 2009 is available ?
Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

[Edited at 2009-08-28 09:44 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Contact me privately Aug 28, 2009

It's not that I don't want to discuss on this forum, but some information I am not allowed to share publicly. Please contact me privately via my profile. We are TeamWorks users since 2005. Our current configuration is TeamWorks 2006 with Trados 2006, we'll be upgrading soon to TW 2008 and Trados 2007.

xxxRobert Frank
German to English
+ ...
SDL Trados Studio 2009 Aug 31, 2009

At SDL's recent presentation of Studio 2009 at the Frankfurt airport I was told the SDL expects to offer a client-server version of Studio 2009 in December.

gilkain
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Teamworks Aug 31, 2009

You are right Robert but Teamworks is not a client/server version of Trados 2007 but a translation workflow management system. I heard about the new client/server version of Studio but no news about the new Teamworks.

xxxRobert Frank
German to English
+ ...
Future of TeamWorks Sep 1, 2009

We've been using MultiTerm Trados since 1993 and Workbench since 1996. In January 2007 we introduced TeamWorks. The workflow software meshes with the desktop versions that the free lancers use. Maybe I'm overly cynical, but going on my experiences with SDL Trados I assumed that with the new software they'll allow TeamWorks to die while they do what they can to develop the new Studio workflow software.
After all, the changes from TeamWorks 2007 to TeamWorks 2008 were essentially only a badly needed patch to increase stability. Other than updating the filters to Office 2007, InDesign CS3, and a few other formats, there were no functional improvements.

gilkain
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Teamworks Sep 2, 2009

I am indeed concerned about the future developments of Teamworks. Wait and see...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Teamworks: request for info / feedback

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search