https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/144037-studio_2009_totally_lost_why_no_autosuggest_dictionary.html

Studio 2009: Totally lost - why no AutoSuggest Dictionary?
Thread poster: Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:21
English to German
+ ...
Aug 29, 2009

Dear Collegues

I have been working with Studio for some weeks now. As I described in my posting a few days ago I copied my translation project to my laptop and worked there (I copied the folder with the different chapters, the TM and the Project file) . But I didn't find my AutoSuggest Dictionary and created a new one on my laptop (Vista based - my desktop is still working with XP). But it doesn't work there.

Now I created a project package to get back to my desktop c
... See more
Dear Collegues

I have been working with Studio for some weeks now. As I described in my posting a few days ago I copied my translation project to my laptop and worked there (I copied the folder with the different chapters, the TM and the Project file) . But I didn't find my AutoSuggest Dictionary and created a new one on my laptop (Vista based - my desktop is still working with XP). But it doesn't work there.

Now I created a project package to get back to my desktop computer. And I still don't find the autosuggest function working. It has worked well in the first place (on my desktop).
Opening the project package on my desktop, the menu "create autosuggest dictionary" is not accesible. But I found my first AutoSuggest Dictionary in the folder "Own Documents>SDL Trados Studio> AutoSuggest Dictionaries"

Can I insert it somehow? I guess that with the project package I am not aloud to do things like this, or am I? I assigned the "translation" task to the user the package was created for (does that exclude adminstrative rights?).

I am sorry, but with all those files and folders SDL Studio uses, I totally lost the thread.

Does somebody know what to do?

Thanks a million! And have a nice week end!

Leena

PS. Its all a mess working on two different PCs with Studio...
Collapse

Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:21
German to English
Licence key? Aug 30, 2009

Did you download and install the extra licence keys for the AutoSuggest function?
Gillian

Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:21
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What a shame... Aug 30, 2009

Hi Gillian

thanks for the hint! That was it!

What a shame...

Thank you and I hope you have a nice sunday (without too much work)

Leena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: Totally lost - why no AutoSuggest Dictionary?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »