Giovany Rodríguez Monsalve
Colombia
Local time: 15:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 30, 2009

Good afternoon, all.

I got the following issue in which I need your help with:

I translated a file without using Trados but the client asked me to send both clean and unclean files for that translation. I have the Spanish translation of that file, what I need to know is how to insert or copy that text into Trados when the "Open/Get" yellow box appears in order to avoid the retranslation. I tried to do it by simply copy and pasted the text into the new translation (which contents clean and unclean files) but it does not work.

Is there any action to do here?

Thanks in advance.

Yours,
Giovany

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-08-31 00:06 GMT]

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 15:51
English to Spanish
Use WinAlign Aug 31, 2009

Once you align texts, import WinAlign text file into Translator's Workbench. Finally, let it retranslate or you translate to fuzzy manually.

That will solve the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to insert or copy text into Trados

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search