Trados 2009 creates new TM for every job? I want to use just one TM!
Thread poster: HealthcarePro

HealthcarePro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:50
English to German
Aug 31, 2009

Hi,

I am sure this is another newbie problem, but I appreciate help anyway! I created a single TM for all my work with Trados and every time I create a project I choose that TM. After having worked on a a handful of projects I realized that Trados creates a new TM for every single project and doesn't update the one I chose (the general one for all my work) but rather the project specific ones.

My questions are:

How do I avoid that in the future and ensure that only my one big PM is used and updated?

Can I combine the TMs created for the individual projects and merge them all into my general TM, so I don't lose my work thus far?

Thanks in advance!

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 21:50
Spanish
+ ...
Do not create project TMs Aug 31, 2009

When you create a project, after entering all the information, you will reach a 'Create project' window (I think it's the second to last), there's a drop-down menu with several options and the default is 'Prepare project', choose 'Create project without Project TM'. I don't have Studio running right now so I might have the wrong terms.

Spain
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but... Aug 31, 2009

I've just tried that, created a new project etc doing what you told me to but it still doesn't seem to update the main TM. It does not however create a project TM, which is something at leasticon_wink.gif

Also is there a way to consolidate all the different TMs? They are all in the same language pairings.

Thanks again!

Spain
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
It's all my fault ;-) Aug 31, 2009

Update:

I just got it to work, thanks for the help. I still haven't figured out how to consolidate the TMS though, any thoughts?

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 21:50
Spanish
+ ...
You can export/import them all into a single TM Aug 31, 2009

n/t

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 creates new TM for every job? I want to use just one TM!

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search