New SDLX 2007 update for SDL MultiTerm 2009 compatibility - DOESN'T WORK
Thread poster: Ángel Guillén

Ángel Guillén  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:27
English to Spanish
Sep 3, 2009

Hi,

On Wednesday 12th August the following message was published at SDLX Yahoo Group:

We have released a new software update for SDLX 2007. This update addresses the
compatibility issue between SDLX 2007 (build 7044), which was shipped with SDL
Trados 2007 Suite, and SDL Multiterm 2009. For more information on obtaining
this update please read the following article from our knowledge base:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2765&p=1

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

I am afraid it doesn't work at all. I downloaded this update and it didn't work, so then I tried desinstalling and installing SDLX again and then the patch and it doesn't work.

Has anyone manage to make it work? Any help?

Thanks

Angel

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Counterintuitive... Sep 3, 2009

Angel Guillen wrote:

I am afraid it doesn't work at all. I downloaded this update and it didn't work, so then I tried desinstalling and installing SDLX again and then the patch and it doesn't work.

Has anyone manage to make it work? Any help?[/quote]

It works but it's a "little bit" counterintuitive.
Try to select Multiterm > Apply from the menu, the connection between SDLX and Multiterm should be established.

Not tested thouroughly, I installed the patch yesterday.

Cheers
GG

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Can't use that option Sep 3, 2009

I am afraid I can't select that option (Apply is blank). I just can select Multiterm>Select. And whenever I do that the program gets stucks and stops working.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:27
Spanish
+ ...
It works for me perfectly Sep 3, 2009

Did you download the patch from your My Downloads? What steps are you following? Maybe I can help but I don't know exactly what the problem is. I downloaded the patch from that section a few weeks ago and I've been using SDLX with Multiterm 2009 on a regular basis ever since. I haven't run into any problem.

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Sep 3, 2009

Yes, I did download the patch from Last Patches in My account.

Let's see:

I had SDLX installed on my computer and Multiterm 7. Then I downloaded Studio and Multiterm 9. If I tell you truth I hadn't used SDLX with Multiterm 9 but whwn I received the message about the new update I downloaded directly and now it doesn't work.I don't know if it is a problem with Vista because on my XP computer it works perfectly.

Now I will try to reinstalled SDL trados 2007 Suite again from my account and from the version sent with Studio to see if it works

Angel

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Prerequisites Sep 3, 2009

Angel Guillen wrote:

Yes, I did download the patch from Last Patches in My account.

Let's see:

I had SDLX installed on my computer and Multiterm 7.

MT 7 must be uninstalled before you install MT 2009.
Sad but true.

Cheers
GG

Peru
Spanish
+ ...
Did you uninstall Multiterm 7? Sep 3, 2009

You had to uninstall Multiterm 7 before installing Multiterm 2009. But you probably did that. I too have Vista and I don't even think I had to do anything particularly different. But to be on the safe side, make sure SDLX and Multiterm are not running, or better yet, uninstall it first and install it again. Then you can install the patch, which I don't think is a full version (it's too small).

The problem was that even though the Multiterm termbases could be added to a project, the language drop-down menus were empty because the languages were not recognized. I don't know the actual cause of the problem but that was the practical result of the issue. So after you install the patch, see if you can find the languages in the drop-down list, the one in the Multiterm toolbar. That way you'll know that, at least, the installation was successful and you can go on from there.

Good luck,

Claudia

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
reinstall Sep 3, 2009

I will try to reinstall everything (now that I am not too busy) and tell you what happened.

Another solution would be to create SDL termbases from all the glossaries I have (luckily in Excel files so I can save them as .txtx with spaces - or something like that) and then create the Termbase (importing those files)

Thanks for your help. I will let you know what heppened ...in some hours

Thanks

Angel

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Not working Sep 3, 2009

Hi,

I reinstall everything and it didn't work so as I said on my new topic I am going to format the whole computer because it is doing weird things and I guess that's teh problem (it works on my other computer perfectly and if some of you made it work on Vista I guess it's my computer's problem)

Thanks anyway for your help

Angel

Peru
Spanish
+ ...
Do you have Vista SP2 Sep 3, 2009

I installed Vista SP2 and it destroyed my system. I thought it was a faulty installation but I read that some people were reporting very weird and apparently unrelated issues after SP2. It might be it.

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Sep 3, 2009

Yes, I did. I don't know if it may be because of that! I will try again formatting everything and let you know!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New SDLX 2007 update for SDL MultiTerm 2009 compatibility - DOESN'T WORK

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search