Thread poster: Tania Samsonova

Tania Samsonova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:55
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 3, 2009

I am sorry if this question has been raised before - if it was, I was unable to find the relevant discussion. I use Trados 2007 (SDL Trados Synergy 8.2.132.0) and cannot import or export TMs created in the previous version of Trados: when I open a TM, the File->Import and File->Export menu items are disabled. I used to have the previous version of Trados on my second computer and performed all the import and export operations there, but now this computer is gone and I need to find another solution. Has anyone encountered this problem? Thanks in advance.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:55
English to Czech
+ ...
Exclusive mode Sep 3, 2009

Hi Tania,
make sure you open the TM in exclusive mode. The import/export commands should be working then.

Tania Samsonova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:55
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wow! Sep 3, 2009

It helped, indeed! Thank you, Stanislav! I am sure some good karma will soon come your way.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:55
English to Czech
+ ...
:) Sep 3, 2009

That's what I hope too.icon_smile.gif
Good luck, Tania!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 cannot import or export TMs created in previous version

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search