woodstar  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 10:21
Member (2006)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 4, 2009

Hi,
I have SDL Passolo 2007 which came with the Studio 2009 package.
I have received an lpu + csv file from the customer (I think the csv is for reference only) to translate in Passolo. However, when I open it I get error messages complaining about a lacking parser.
I have received a parser from the client in the form of a dat file, but Passolo seems to need either a pai or dll file.
Since I am not used to translate in Passolo, could someone please help out and explain how to go about here?
I opened the csv file to check the format, and it looks like this:
00437E9F/428/0 "English string" "Translated string" (in cases where there are previous translations already)
and
00437E9F/428/0 "English string" "English string" (in cases where a new translation is to go)
I.e., it looks like there is a tab and a space between each cell in the record.
Grateful for any help asap.
Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2009-09-04 11:56 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Passolo 2007: parser files

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search