Anait
Anait  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:50
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 6, 2009

Hi,

We are having a Trados workshop soon (sort of a peer-to-peer laboratory) and there are some potential attendees who have never worked in Trados before but would like to join in and learn how to use the program. As far as I know there is no trial or demo version in free public access. At least this is how it was half a year ago (- which is, frankly, ridiculous given the price of the product). I was wondering if there is any way we can solve the problem and let people get acquaint
... See more
Hi,

We are having a Trados workshop soon (sort of a peer-to-peer laboratory) and there are some potential attendees who have never worked in Trados before but would like to join in and learn how to use the program. As far as I know there is no trial or demo version in free public access. At least this is how it was half a year ago (- which is, frankly, ridiculous given the price of the product). I was wondering if there is any way we can solve the problem and let people get acquainted with the program. Please advise. Thank you!

[Edited at 2009-09-06 07:49 GMT]
Collapse

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:50
German to English
+ ...
Talk to your local distributor Sep 6, 2009

These test versions usually do in fact exist, but they are no longer publicly acknowledged, probably because actual use of the software tends to scare off potential customers. Nonetheless if you speak directly to your local SDL representatives, I'm sure you can find an appropriate solution.

Farzad Akmali
Farzad Akmali  Identity Verified
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Trial Versian for 1 month! Sep 6, 2009

You may go to www.translationzone.com then order the product. After ordering you have access to download the trial versian for only one month. It works as the original. Hope that be of any help.

[Edited at 2009-09-06 10:32 GMT]

T o b i a s
T o b i a s
Portuguese to English
+ ...
See previous discussion Sep 6, 2009

Demo is available. See previous discussion.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/144164-studio_2009:_is_it_worth_upgrading.html#1206452

Anait
Anait  Identity Verified
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 6, 2009

Thanks for responses! I'll check on those options.
Kevin Lossner wrote: actual use of the software tends to scare off potential customers.
- that's an interesting point -:)

Tobias wrote:

Demo is available. See previous discussion.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/144164-studio_2009

- I'll try it, the combination "interactive demo" sounds suspicious to me though, I hope it's not what I'm thinking about.

cquest
cquest  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:50
English to Polish
+ ...
and? Oct 25, 2009

is it a video or the actual software?

Anait
Anait  Identity Verified
United States
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am not quite sure Oct 25, 2009

cquest wrote:

is it a video or the actual software?

Our group didn't really enjoy working in it due to various technical reasons. We were granted a trial license for three days, not that you can do the whole lot with that having onboard several people without any previous experience with this software. We ended up doing downloads during the workshop. To cut it short, we were either unable to do it (it would take forever) or, even if downloaded, it wouldn't cooperate. -:(

[Edited at 2009-10-25 17:37 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get Trados trial or demo version

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »