SDL Studio 2009 SP1?
Thread poster: Matthew Kinnersly

Matthew Kinnersly  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:21
Japanese to English
Sep 6, 2009

I've seen mentions of Studio 2009 SP1 in other threads here, and even people hoping for things to get better in SP2. I checked in "My downloads - Patches" on the SDL site, but there's no SP1 on offer there. The knowledge base doesn't seem to offer more than a bundle of hotfixes, which I already installed a while ago. So is this service pack real? If so, where do I get it? And does it actually turn Studio into a usable product?

Still hoping,

Matt

Direct link Reply with quote

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 05:21
English to Portuguese
SP1 is real and is great... Sep 6, 2009

Hi

I was included in the Beta-testing phase of Studio, and I was kept on the program for giving a very small collaboration about using the program on Vista and Windows Seven 64-bit environments, so I have been granted access to those pre-release SP1 builds.

The Beta-testing builds of SP1 solved ALL problems I experienced when running Studio 2009 and MultiTerm 2009, both on Windows 7 64-bit (Intel i7 6GB RAM), Vista 32-bit notebook (Intel Core2Duo, 3 GB RAM) and XP 32-bit "netbook" (Intel Atom 1 GB RAM on an Asus EeePC 1000H).

The fixes not only addressed stability problems, but useability too. It is still being tested and I guess it is close...

Rgds

Edric

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:21
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Service Pack 1 is still not officially released Sep 6, 2009

And all those various notes about SP1 come most probably from people testing it for your later convenience. All those beta tester have signed a NDA with SDL, so they (me including) are not allowed to tell you any details about it.
The only thing I can say for sure is, that it is coming and bring a big improvement.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2009 SP1?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search