TagEditor won´t open Excel file
Thread poster: Daniel Meier

Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:31
English to German
+ ...
Sep 6, 2009

After I switched to a new computer (laptop running Vista), uninstalled Office 2007, installed Office 2003 and then SDL Trados 2007.
When trying to open an Excel file in TagEditor, I get the error message:
"80005: Connection with server application error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800AC472"
and the file will not open in TagEditor. Instead Excel launches (it does not open the file) and asks me to accept the License Agreement; actually Excel and Word ask me to accept the Lincense Agreement every time I launch these programs, although I already have activated my license online.
I can open, translate and clean-up Word files without any problem.
I did not find anything in the Trados knowledge base nor on MS Office Online, so I am posting my question here. Maybe someone has encountered a similar problem.
Maybe it has something to do with uninstalling Office 2007 (which was actually just a preinstalled trial version) and Excel asking to accept the EULA everytime it launches.
Now I am quite clueless and would appreciate any hints on how to proceed.
Many thanks
Daniel Meier

Direct link Reply with quote

sivtufte  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 00:31
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Why not just work in exel? Sep 6, 2009

You can work it just running Translators Workbench too. I just open TW, add TM and open the file as Exel.

I see that my answer may be confusing. What I ment to say is - you don't need to go by TagEditor at all. All you need is the TM - as both Word and Exel will open segments just fine once TW is up and running.

[Edited at 2009-09-06 19:02 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor won´t open Excel file

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search