Conversion ttx files in readable format
Thread poster: arianek
arianek
Local time: 11:26
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 7, 2009

For a lawsuit (agency that doesn't pay), I have to produce my translated tageditor/ttx files (I don't have the original source files, but the original format is not word compatible - xml-like)in a readable format (word or hml).
Apart from the available programs, does anybody know a batch mode to convert hundreds of files at the same time? Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

SysfilterMaker
Germany
TTX2RTF Sep 7, 2009

You could use my free ttx2rtf converter. (Trados must be installed.)

Then you could open the rtf files in Word...

Here is the download link:
http://www.ecm-e.de/cm_en/downloads.php?cat_id=3

Best Regards
Wilhelm Polmann
Sysfiltermaker

Reed James
Chile
Local time: 07:26
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Creating a macro comes to mind Sep 7, 2009

I've been toying with this same idea myself, though I'm afraid I couldn't tell you exactly how to do this. Open the file as a .txt file and tell Word or the macro program of your choice to find all the "unreadable" stuff and replace it with nothing. The end result will be a clean file with just the "readable" text. It will take some trial and error to see what you need to/can replace, and you may have to do some of it manually.

Reed

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
TTXpress... Sep 7, 2009

Reed D James wrote:

I've been toying with this same idea myself, though I'm afraid I couldn't tell you exactly how to do this. Open the file as a .txt file and tell Word or the macro program of your choice to find all the "unreadable" stuff and replace it with nothing. The end result will be a clean file with just the "readable" text. It will take some trial and error to see what you need to/can replace, and you may have to do some of it manually.

Search for TTXpress or (better) PlusToyz.

Cheers
GG

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Swordfish will do the trick Sep 7, 2009

arianek wrote:

For a lawsuit (agency that doesn't pay), I have to produce my translated tageditor/ttx files (I don't have the original source files, but the original format is not word compatible - xml-like)in a readable format (word or hml).
Apart from the available programs, does anybody know a batch mode to convert hundreds of files at the same time? Thanks

Convert to XLIFF using Swordfish and use the preview function in the QA menu to produce a HTML table of the source and translation, which you can then save from you browser as a file on disk.

Swordfish is available from Maxprograms and you can try it for free for a month or so.

Regards,

Piotr

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Perl, maybe... Sep 7, 2009

Depending on the output format you need, Perl might be a good solution... The advantage is that you can run it in batch mode, which is exactly what you need.

Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Ttx to html conversion using Kernow (batch mode) Sep 9, 2009

You can use Kernow (open-source) to do the job.
Donwload it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kernowforsaxon/files/Kernow/Kernow%201.6.1/Kernow_1.6.1.zip/download

Unzip the folder and launch the program (no installation required), open 'Kernow options' under the 'options' menu and add .ttx to the allowed input suffixes. Close the window.

Select source files/folders and target folder where the ttx will be saved in html format.

You need a stylesheet (.xls) to convert the files in some way, you may write your own, or you may just want a simple one with source and target columns plus a description of the file. Please contact me if you need such file.

Conversion is very quick and easy.

Kind regards,

Joris

arianek
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kernow was the quickest solution! Sep 9, 2009

Thanks to Joris, I did the whole job (download Kernow, put in "into action") in less than 5 minutes. So I now have a directory with more than 600 html files, perfectly readable in two columns (source and target language, without those "horrible" tags)! I hope no one will need it for my purpose (production in a lawsuit), but I surely recommend this mode to everyone who needs to convert his ttx files in a readable format. Thanks again to everyone who replied, Ariane

Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 12:26
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
TTXpress Sep 9, 2009

google for it. it is free

VIRTUALELINGUA  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 10:26
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
I urgently need the stylesheet Sep 16, 2009

Dear Miss Joris,

I am trying to convert a ttx file into an HTLM using Kernow but unfortunately I do not manage to do it.
I saw in your adds that you have a sample of the stylesheet.
I would kindly ask you if you can provide me a copy.
My email is serafosca@yahoo.it
Thank you so much for your help.

[/quote]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conversion ttx files in readable format

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search