concordance and reorganize tools sudden dead in SDL Trados 2007 freelance
Thread poster: Claudio Porcellana
Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
Sep 7, 2009

Hi all

these 2 tools are suddenly (today) dead

I find nothing in my memory after a concordance search, nor I can reorganise the memory, as the process freezes on Loading step

this behaviour applies to both Tageditor and MS Word

I've already tried to export and create a new memory with no results

quite oddily, I can still do a concordance search but ONLY on the background memory!

furthermore, Alice ADSL is down today, what rotten luck!

P:S. I can add that this behaviour applies only on a new memory created today from a .txt Trados export file

I have analised the txt file it searching for some particular tag or so, but I wasn't able to find the culprit

Quite oddily, the reorganization option works during the import process ...
mmm ... some sorcery perhaps?

other suggestions?

Claudio

[Modificato alle 2009-09-07 21:33 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
concordance and reorganize tools sudden dead in SDL Trados 2007 freelance Sep 9, 2009

Hi all

I found some suspects:

1 - TOC and a junk of "rogue" mergeformat tags with braces: braces are used by Trados too
2 - redundant bookmarks
3 - thousands of non-breaking space (°) put in illogic places:
4 - no blank line before a page break and some page breaks hidden from view by pictures: renowned Trados killers
5 - Odd symbol fonts: same as above

so today I've cleaned the MS word file with CodeZapper 2.6, splitted it with MS Word Split, and created a new blank memory (luckily I can retrieve my translated TUs with Logiterm)

at last the workflow is smooth and Trados malfunctions are disappeared

as soon as I have some time, I'll try to manually remove junks from malfunctioning Trados memory to see who is the real culprit

Claudio

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

concordance and reorganize tools sudden dead in SDL Trados 2007 freelance

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search