https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/144890-winalign_sdl_trados_2007_can_anyone_explain_in_a_simple_way.html

WinAlign SDL Trados 2007: Can anyone explain in a simple way?
Thread poster: Maria Folque
Maria Folque
Maria Folque  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:47
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 9, 2009

Dear Colleagues,

I've already tried to understand TRADOS's instructions for WinAlign. (with no success)

Today I have to winalign / translate 2 documents (English/Portuguese) for a client.

Could anyone of you explain me - in a quite simple way -

which are the steps to winalign .xml documents ? (source .xml and target .xml).

Thank you for your understanding and your help.

Best Regards
Maria

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:47
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Take a look at the tutorial Sep 9, 2009

Hi Maria,

Take a look at the tutorial – it provides a good introduction. If you have Trados 2007 Suite, then open Synergy, and on the left hand side you can find a clickable link to the Winalign tutorial (as well as to the manual). If you have Trados 2007 FL, then in the Start menu choose All programs, select SDL International, then SDL Trados 2007 Freelance and Tutorials. The manual in the Documentation folder provides a good explanation, too. If things are unclear after watching
... See more
Hi Maria,

Take a look at the tutorial – it provides a good introduction. If you have Trados 2007 Suite, then open Synergy, and on the left hand side you can find a clickable link to the Winalign tutorial (as well as to the manual). If you have Trados 2007 FL, then in the Start menu choose All programs, select SDL International, then SDL Trados 2007 Freelance and Tutorials. The manual in the Documentation folder provides a good explanation, too. If things are unclear after watching the tutorial and trying to reproduce the steps, please come back here and let us know where you get stuck.

Kind regards,
Attila
Collapse

Mykhailo Voloshko
Mykhailo Voloshko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:47
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
screenshots Sep 9, 2009

Maria,

Here's a simple article with screenshots: http://www.wordhord.com/2009/08/kak-sozdat-tm-iz-ranee-perevedennyx-fajlov/
The article is in Russian, though everything should be clear, if not - you can use Google translator.

Enjoy!

[Edited at 2009-09-09 12:
... See more
Maria,

Here's a simple article with screenshots: http://www.wordhord.com/2009/08/kak-sozdat-tm-iz-ranee-perevedennyx-fajlov/
The article is in Russian, though everything should be clear, if not - you can use Google translator.

Enjoy!

[Edited at 2009-09-09 12:03 GMT]
Collapse

Maria Folque
Maria Folque  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:47
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, colleagues! Sep 9, 2009

Dear Attil, dear Mykailo,

Thank you very much for your kind, helpful support.

I've followed the SDL Trados instructions step by step.
In this case they are very clear...

... and I believe the result was fine.

Have a good day!
Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WinAlign SDL Trados 2007: Can anyone explain in a simple way?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »