I can't return license file so that I can upgrade to Trados Studio
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 9, 2009

I have just installed Trados Suite Freelance on my laptop, and after that Multiterm 2009. Finally, I tried to install Studio 2009, but encountered problems when I'm asked for the activation code. I logged in to My account to try to return the activated license, which I did successfully. In license manager, there are only 3 trial licenses (which are not selectable). So, I returned to My account, trying once again to upgrade but received the same message as before: I have to return this license before I can upgrade it.

In My licenses, I have these two activation codes:

AAAA-AAAA-AAAA-AAAA-AAAA-AAAA
BBBB-BBBB-BBBB-BBBB-BBBB-BBBB

Today, when I installed Trados Suite Freelance, I used the first activation code to activate (the second did not work). That worked just fine. And no problems to install Multiterm 2009 either. But then, when I tried to use this first activation code to also activate Studio 2009, I was prompted to return the license before I should upgrade it in My account. So I did. But in My account, I can only upgrade the second activation code (which should be in use according to My account, but I don't have it in use anywhere!). So how can I return this activation code before upgrading, if I don't use it anywhere!?

It is very important I get this resolved as soon as possible, because I will get a big translation job in less than two weeks time, and I need my Trados for that!

I follow the instructions on My account at https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mylicenses/upgradedemo/default.htm
step-by-step. When I come to the moment where I shall open the SDL License Manager and View activated licenses, there are
only three trial licenses in the Fulfillment ID Column!:

LOCAL_TRIAL_FID_14
LOCAL_TRIAL_FID_18
LOCAL_TRIAL_FID_19

They are not selectable, so I can not choose them and return to SDL Trados.

Direct link Reply with quote

Line Hauge Støyva  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:11
Norwegian to Italian
+ ...
Same problem here! Sep 10, 2009

Hi! I had the same problem I opened the chat window on My account and asked for assistance - and got it after a while ... That solved the hole matter. Good luck!

Ellie Lormans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:11
Member (2006)
French to Dutch
+ ...
same problem Sep 10, 2009

Hi, I had the same problem.
I had Trados installed on two computers (desktop and notebook). You have to return the licence files from both computers before you can upgrade to the new version.
Soon as I also had returned the licence file of my notebook, the problem was solved...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't return license file so that I can upgrade to Trados Studio

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search