is larger font/segment height possible in editor view?
Thread poster: Saskia Steur
Saskia Steur  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:17
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 10, 2009

I have a question about Trados Studio 2009

Does anyone know if it is possible to increase the view size of the segments/texts in the editor view?

'The font size is so tiny, I find it very straining to work in the editor view. I have searched a lot to find a way to adapt the font size or segment display height, but can't find anything useful.

I'd love to hear if this can be done, and how...

best regards,
Saskia

[Edited at 2009-09-10 13:22 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Rebekka Groß  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:17
English to German
I'm assuming you're talking aobut Tag Editor? Sep 10, 2009

This is for Trados Freelance Studio 2007 - you didn't give a version number.

Display the Standard toolbar, if it isn't already displayed, by selecting View > Toolbars and enabling Standard.

This toolbar contains a Zoom drop-down - next to the paragraph symbol - where you can select a zoom level.

HTH.

English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Studio 2009 Sep 10, 2009

No, and my apologies for not mentioning the version..., it's not 2007 but I meant Trados Studio 2009

Rebekka Groß  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:17
English to German
I haven't installed Studio 2009 yet but... Sep 10, 2009

...as it's meant to be very similar to SDLX you may like to try the View menu and check if the following two commands (or similar) exist: Set Source Font and Set Translation Font. If so you can set the font size to anything you like to make working more comfortable.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use Tools - Options - Editor - Font adaptation Sep 10, 2009

There is no zoom function in Studio, but you can set the minimum and maximum font size and contrast setting as well in Tools - Options - Editor - Font adaptation.
A little search on this forum would have given you the same answer much faster - I remember writing this information here at least twice.

English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 10, 2009

Thanks Rebekka and Jerzy,

The view menu does nothing in this sense, I will try out Jerzy's suggestion.

And, Jerzy, I did do a 'little search' on topics and didn't find any, which is why I posted... I'm sorry to not have found your earlier comments on the subject. Thanks for posting it again, for my benefit

[Edited at 2009-09-10 13:52 GMT]

English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again, Jerzy Sep 10, 2009

It worked beautifully, I had been looking in all the wrong places, it's working fine, now, many thanks!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
No problem Sep 10, 2009

Indeed - the view menu does not have anything like zoom or magnify.
But when you adapt the font you will be happy and relieved.
My settings are 14 for the smallest and 18 for the biggest. Works very fine for a screen with a resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixel. Of course different resolution and personal needs will result in different settings.
Be sure to use also the slider to more contrast. This way you get better results when translating PPT or other documents with fonts in different colours.
After you changed the setting close Studio to be sure settings got saved.
You should also know, that you can customize shortcuts there and then save your profile. Use the Tools - Profile menu for that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

is larger font/segment height possible in editor view?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search