Re-Activation required after every system boot
Thread poster: Christiane Schmieger

Christiane Schmieger  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:02
English to German
Sep 10, 2009

Hello everybody,

I have a weird problem on my newly installed Windows XP Professional machine. I have a license for SDL Trados 2007 and it worked fine on my old configuration. However, after a hard drive crash I had to re-install the OS and SDL Trados 2007 as well.

Since then I am asked to enter the activation code after every system boot. Also, the \SDL International folder under \Documents and Settings\All Users\\ApplicationData is lost and I have to copy e.g. the \Filters folder every day before I start working. That is such a hassle and I have no idea why this is so.

It seems to me that my Windows just loses such data in the registry when I shut the machine down. It may also be that my virus protection removes new entries from the registry but I have checked the settings in Trend Micro Internet Security Pro and didn't find anything relating to this problem.

Does anybody know how to approach and fix this problem?

Thanks so much and all the best

Christiane

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Ignore it Sep 10, 2009

I had the same experience and decided to just ignore it. Once I ignored it, the activation message never appeared again. I notified TRADOS support. They had no warnings against that course of action (they seemed to not know why that was happening) and I have been happy for some months now.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Re-Activation required after every system boot

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search