Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:56
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 10, 2009

Hi all!

I´m working with TWB 8.3.0.863 (Build 863).

I´m trying to export a TM a client sent me and I get error message:

50050 Source segment is empty!

I´m trying to define a filter in the Maintenance window to find that TU and delete it, but I don´t know how.

I´ve searched the documentation but found nothing.

If any of you have an idea how can I do this, via Maintenance or any other feature, I´ll really appreciate it, as I always back up my TMs in txt format.

If you need any other information about my working environment, just ask.

Thanks in advance!

Marina

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 15:56
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
I doubt you can find this segment via Maintainance Sep 10, 2009

Marina Pastora Soldati wrote:

Reorganizing has never hurt - and it may "burp" on that segment
I would simply browse once through it (at least through its beginning, depends on how big the TM is.) The alternative is searching by date (from early to latest) and hoping the search will get stuck somewhere.

In any case, an empty source segment is invalid, i.e. TM is shot. Probably it can be repaired. However, if I had all bilingual materials and the TM sent, I would create a new TM, independent of the current snafu.

Regards and wish you all the best

Vito

[Edited at 2009-09-10 13:52 GMT]

Argentina
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No reorganization possible Sep 10, 2009

Hi Vito!

VitoSmolej wrote:

Marina Pastora Soldati wrote:

Reorganizing has never hurt - and it may "burp" on that segment

Reorganization won´t work. I remember trying to reorganize the TM once while I was translating. TWB just froze, I had to close it via Windows Task Manager. I didn´t know why at the moment, now I realize it must have been due to this empty segment.

I would simply browse once through it (at least through its beginning, depends on how big the TM is.) The alternative is searching by date (from early to latest) and hoping the search will get stuck somewhere.

I´ll try searching by date and let you know whether it worked.

In any case, an empty source segment is invalid, i.e. TM is shot. Probably it can be repaired. However, if I had all bilingual materials and the TM sent, I would create a new TM, independent of the current snafu.

Regards and wish you all the best

Vito

[Edited at 2009-09-10 13:52 GMT]

I don´t have all the bilingual material. I was sent just 1 chapter from a 350 page manual, and the TUs belong to the whole manual.

I wanted to have it as reference material for future translations from this client. If I can´t find a way to delete this TU, I´ll just clean my file in an empty TM to backup at least this chapter.

Thanks for your ideas, Vito.

Regards,
Marina

Argentina
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update for the record Sep 10, 2009

Hi all!

I tried filtering by the user who made changes and the date the changes were made and I get the same error message (Error....Source segment is empty!)

I think Vito is right, I won´t be able to export it.

Marina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to define Filters in the Maintenance window

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search