Thread poster: Ia Dzamashvili

Ia Dzamashvili  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:32
Member (2005)
Russian to English
+ ...
Sep 12, 2009

I try to open ttx file in sdl trados 2007, when I locate the file as TRADOStag Documents (*.ttx). and click on it to open only blank screen is showing without any grid even.

WHat might be the problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:32
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A corrupted file? Sep 12, 2009

It would be interesting to know who made the TTX file (your customer or yourself) and what was the source file initially (an Office file, HTML, XML...).

To me it looks like the file is corrupted. You could perhaps try to open it as text in Word or the Notepad and see if it contains any text and looks normal (I mean that it has some structure with tags marking the beginning of a section and other tags marking the end, etc. etc.).

Ia Dzamashvili  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:32
Member (2005)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It opens in the tag editor Sep 12, 2009

The file can be opened in the tageditor only. but I cannot open it to translate.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ttx file open as blank in sdl trados

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search