Thread poster: Roy Simon

Roy Simon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:00
English to German
+ ...
Sep 12, 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to open a customer-supplied Power Point .ppt with Trados 2007 Tageditor with the intention of creating a .ttx.

The Tag Editor will immediately crash with not even displaying any error message. It does try to send an error ticket with this data:

AppName: tageditor.exe AppVer: 8.3.0.863 ModName: msvcp80.dll
ModVer: 8.0.50727.4053 Offset: 0000dfb9

There aren't any problems with opening other .ppts from my system.

I'm using TRADOS 2007 and MS Office 2003. I'm not sure what other information to provide, as I'm not posting in this forum so often, I hope for your patience

Best regards,
Roy Simon

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:00
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Try saving the PPT in a different format Sep 13, 2009

For example, try using the PowerPoint 2007 format (you can download the converters as part of the Microsoft Office 2007 Compatibility Pack).

If that doesn't work, try the Werecat macro tool for Word: http://www.volny.cz/ddaduc/werecat.html. You won't get a TTX, either, but you will have a bilingual Trados doc file.

Good luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTX creation from .PPT won't work in TRADOS

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search