When I click on "Open" or "Open Get" in a Word document sent by the client, nothing happens
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie

Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:03
French to English
Sep 13, 2009

Hello this may be more of a problem with the particular Word (2003) document than with Workbench; a new customer has sent me a Word file for translation, I've been able to open TUs (or rather, create TUs) in the header and footer of the document but when I try to open a new TU elsewhere in the document (version Trados 2007) nothing happens, it's as if the document is locked which means I cannot use Workbench to translate it! I've never come across this before, however I can edit the document but it seems as if the connection between Workbench and Word is misisng here, though it's strange I could use Workbench to translate the headers and footers! I looked at the macros and tried to run tw4winGetTranslation.main but nothing happened, and to be honest I don't really understand about the macros anyway. I've looked at Option, "models" in the Word doc and the TRADOS8.DOT box is already checked so I'm very puzzled; any suggestions please, I know the document was created from a pdf, the customer converted it for me as the pdf was password -protected and he didn't want to give me the password!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
CodeZapper Sep 13, 2009

Jenny Duthie wrote:

I know the document was created from a pdf, the customer converted it for me as the pdf was password -protected and he didn't want to give me the password!! [/quote]

Search for CodeZapper and process your doc file first.
The file is available in the download section of the dejavu-I group on yahoogroups.
You should subscribe in order to access it.

It may help for a lot of OCR/PDF based docs.

Cheers
GG

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
can't find downloads section!!!! Sep 13, 2009

Search for CodeZapper and process your doc file first.
The file is available in the download section of the dejavu-I group on yahoogroups.
You should subscribe in order to access it.

It may help for a lot of OCR/PDF based docs.

Cheers
GG [/quote]

Thanks very much Grzegorz but I can't find the download section in this group.........

have sent help query to the group..........

Thanks again

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Files... Sep 13, 2009

Jenny Duthie wrote:

Thanks very much Grzegorz but I can't find the download section in this group.........
have sent help query to the group..........[/quote]

Sorry, it's called Files...
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/files/CodeZapper/

You'll need to logon on your Yahoo account.
If you have no Y account, juste create a fake one

Cheers
GG

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:03
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
The name of the link is "files" Sep 13, 2009

The link you sholud uses is :http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/files/

I also would recommend you to download the FormatFixer template in the same page. Be careful if you want use CodeZapper and FormatFixer; in the practice, they are no complementary and sometimes block each other.

Saludos

France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
downloaded CodeZapper but it doesn't work Sep 13, 2009

Thanks very much I've joined the Yahoo Group in question but CodeZapper is not under Files, so I downloaded it from another location but it doesn't work..............Apologies as I am not very technically-minded..... CodeZapper's toolbar appears in a new Word doc and I can't work out how to get it into the Word doc I'm working on, but this Word doc does not look odd I mean it doesn't have any odd characters like pdf conversions often do... I'm totally baffled,

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:03
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Other tricks I would try Sep 13, 2009

1. Convert the file (Save as...) to Web page and back from htm to Word. It should cure the problems regarding format

Alternatively

2. Open the file in OpenOffice and save it again as Word document

¡Suerte!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When I click on "Open" or "Open Get" in a Word document sent by the client, nothing happens

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search