Thread poster: IlonaS
IlonaS
Germany
Local time: 14:22
English to German
+ ...
Sep 15, 2009

Hello,

I have the following problem: SDL Trados 2007 does not want to start any more - whenever I try to lauch the software, I receive the message:

"Die Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil die Anwendungskonfiguration nicht korrekt ist. Zur Problembehebung sollten Sie die Anwendung neu installieren."
(in English: The application could not be started, because the application configuration is incorrect. For troubleshooting please reinstall the application.")

Unfortunately, uninstalling and reinstalling the software does not help. Any ideas what the problem is/how it can be solved? Thank you.

Best regards,

Maxi

[Bearbeitet am 2009-09-15 08:41 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxOptiproz Pri
English
Try that.... Sep 15, 2009

Hi

Maybe this helps:

1. Close Translator's Workbench.
2. From the Start menu, choose Run. The Run dialog box is displayed.
3. Type regedit in the Run box.
4. Click OK. The Windows Registry editor is displayed.
5. In the left side pane, navigate through the folders to the following path : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TRADOS\TW4Win\
6. Delete or just rename the folder for example to: TW4Win_OLD

Try to start Workbench again.

David Terhart  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
I have the solution Jan 16, 2010

Dear MaximilianeS,

Though it's already half a year ago, you might be interested in an idea for a solution? Because I have just encountered the same problem, and in my case the Java Runtime Environment was missing. I seem to have uninstalled the very version that came with Trados 2007 in favor of a more current version, and this Trados did not like. It might also be the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable or whatever it is called program, which also seems to be mandatory for Trados 2007.

So what I did was just re-install Trados, without uninstalling it first, then the installer was finished after re-installing theJRE which went quite fast, and everything works like a charm now again!

Best wishes,
David

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 FL cannot be started/reinstalled any more

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search