sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:44
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Sep 15, 2009

Dear All

I've finally managed to switch to Studio 2009, but I can't upgrade any of the TMs previously created with SDLX. I've tried several times but I always get the same error:
Failed to open the selected TM (error code 10...).

Any clues for solving the problem?

Regards,

sabina

Direct link Reply with quote

Agenor Hofmann-Delbor  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
2007 Suite Sep 15, 2009

You need to have 2007 Suite installed on the same machine in order to upgrade TMs. I believe that's the problem here.

suggestion Sep 15, 2009

I had problems with trados 2007 memories importing into studio 2009 until I 'compacted' them, prior to conversion (using the old software of course). Hopefully, you can try something along these lines.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Try this... Sep 15, 2009

Hello Sabina,

The SDL Trados Studio 2009 Translation memory upgrade wizard fully supports SDLX 2007 (.mdb) translation memories. However, if you are having a problem then I strongly suggest performing maintenance on your translation memories in SDL Maintain (2007) to ensure you that there are no errors with the TM.

Also, SDL Trados Studio 2009 and SDLX fully support the TMX exchange format. If you are still unable to upgrade your SDLX TM's then I highly recommend exporting your translation memories as TMX 1.4b and then importing them into SDL Trados Studio 2009.

To do this please follow these instructions:

1. Open your Translation Memory in SDLX Maintain
2. Go to TM> Export > TMX Format
3. Follow the wizard and you translation memory will be exported as a TMX file
4. Open SDL Trados Studio 2009
5. Go to Tools > Upgrade Translation Memories
6. Select the TMX file
7. Choose open and follow the Wizard through
8. The upgrade wizard will create a new Translations Memory for you containing your translation units.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Gareth Sep 15, 2009

Thanks. It worked fine.
Now I've got the same problem with the former termbases. I've tried with the mdb files and it didn't work. I've exported them as .ste but they can't be either.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
SDL Trados Support Sep 16, 2009

Hi Sabina,

Thank you for your response. Are you attempting to upgrade your termbase using the Upgrade Translation Memories wizard in SDL Trados Studio 2009? Please note that this will not work as it is only designed for upgrading Translation Memories and not Termbases.

However, you can open your old termbase (.mdb file) directly in SDL Multiterm 2009 and it will upgrade your termbase automatically for you.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't upgrade TMs for Studio 2009

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search