how do I insert multiterm entries in Studio?
Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:52
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Sep 15, 2009

I'm using Studio 2009.

Can anyone explain to me how to insert an entry from my termbase that comes up automatically in the Term Recognition window and is highlighted in the source text with a red bracket over the word(s).

I have only managed to right click on the term in the Recognition window and it is inserted in the target segment (it's almost quicker to type the term in).
Isn't there a shortcut to use the red bracket placement as there used to be in Tag Editor?

thanks in advance,
Emma

Direct link Reply with quote

Simon Cole  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:52
Member (2008)
French to English
Multiterm entries Sep 15, 2009

You should be able to type the first couple of letters of a word with a red bracket and the rest appears automatically beneath the insertion point - hit enter to insert the word and keep on typing.

To insert a new term, highlight the source and target word(s) using the mouse, right click on target term (or source works too, I think) and select Add Term from the menu.
This works in theory - I say in theory, because I can't get this to work because the "Java runtime environment cannot be loaded". I have installed latest Java version and disabled the Advanced Java Plug-Ins option, but it still won't behave.

Good luck.

Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
entering multiterm words in target segment Sep 15, 2009

Thanks, Simon, you're right about it appearing as autosuggest, but it doesn't come up if the multiterm begins with a capital letter and in my source segment it starts with a small letter.
I was looking for it with Ctrl comma, or something similar, but there doesn't seem to be a short cut like that.

Simon Cole  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:52
Member (2008)
French to English
case sensitive and autotext Sep 16, 2009

Hi Emma
you're right - if the termbase has "workstation" then it won't help you with "Workstation". I didn't find a way round this (but I didn't look too hard, either).

Worth noting also: Tools - Options - Autosuggest/Autotext.
You can enter text entries that will be picked up automatically, like in Word.
When I type "work" it offers me "workstation"; hit enter to accect and then keep going, or if you want "work" hit space and continue.
I find it useful for long words wheremy fingers get confused and I usually make typos.

Nani Delgado  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
German to Spanish
. Feb 28, 2011

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Thanks, Simon, you're right about it appearing as autosuggest, but it doesn't come up if the multiterm begins with a capital letter and in my source segment it starts with a small letter.
I was looking for it with Ctrl comma, or something similar, but there doesn't seem to be a short cut like that.

Simon Cole wrote:
Hi Emma
you're right - if the termbase has "workstation" then it won't help you with "Workstation". I didn't find a way round this (but I didn't look too hard, either).

First of all, sorry for my poor english, I always try to avoid writing in english fora since I cannot explain myself as good as in my main languages.

A while ago I was wondering if there is a solution to this kind of problem, since it is tedious to make double entries in the termbase only to make sure you´ll get the right terms proposed as autosuggest while typing. Now I found this topic and I see that I am not the only one with this problem, although this topic is quite old.

Did any of you find a solution for this in the meantime?

I would appreciate your help!

Have a nice day,
Nani

[Edited at 2011-02-28 16:26 GMT]

Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
@ Nani Feb 28, 2011

No, sorry to say I haven't found a solution for this. Multiterm seems to be case sensitive.

Nani Delgado  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
German to Spanish
. Feb 28, 2011

Oh, I wish the answer was another one but thank you very much anyway, Emma!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how do I insert multiterm entries in Studio?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search