accuracy of searches using Concordance
Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:44
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Sep 15, 2009

With Studio 2009 I am having trouble refining the concordance search to make productive use of it.

e.g. I highlight "garlic and almond" and press F3 (concordance)

I get offered all segments that contain "garlic" or "and" or "almond" plus similar words such as "lemon" and "salmon". I really don't want to be offered the last two.

It takes me ages to wade through all the possibilities. I would like something similar to Google search such as the use of "inverted commas" to search as is, the use of + to include a word exactly as it appears, etc.

Any advice to get more accurate results out of concordance?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

accuracy of searches using Concordance

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search