Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:05
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Sep 15, 2009

With Studio 2009 I am having trouble refining the concordance search to make productive use of it.

e.g. I highlight "garlic and almond" and press F3 (concordance)

I get offered all segments that contain "garlic" or "and" or "almond" plus similar words such as "lemon" and "salmon". I really don't want to be offered the last two.

It takes me ages to wade through all the possibilities. I would like something similar to Google search such as the use of "invert
... See more
With Studio 2009 I am having trouble refining the concordance search to make productive use of it.

e.g. I highlight "garlic and almond" and press F3 (concordance)

I get offered all segments that contain "garlic" or "and" or "almond" plus similar words such as "lemon" and "salmon". I really don't want to be offered the last two.

It takes me ages to wade through all the possibilities. I would like something similar to Google search such as the use of "inverted commas" to search as is, the use of + to include a word exactly as it appears, etc.

Any advice to get more accurate results out of concordance?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

accuracy of searches using Concordance

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »