Trados Studio 2009 Freelance - Error opening ITD file
Thread poster: Julia Aigner

Julia Aigner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:03
English to German
Sep 16, 2009

Dear all,

I have a problem opening an ITD file in Trados Studio 2009 Freelance. Every time I try to open the file I get the following error message:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID{656C0DFF-3F45-4135-9283-3ED85FCB665B} failed due to the following error: 8007007e.

Does anybody know how this can be resolved? I'd be really thankful for any help that a not very computer-savvy person such as myself can understand.

Thank you in advance!

Julia Aigner  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Problem Solved! Sep 16, 2009

I did not have SDLX so had to download and install the patch "SDLX 2007 Build 7080 - Compatability release for SDL MultiTerm 2009" offered by SDL on their website. (Log in to your account and check the section "My Downloads".) This added SDLX 2007 and also made it possible to open ITD files in Studio 2009.

Morten Narboe  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Same, but different Apr 23, 2010

Hi!

I'm already running SDLX 2007 SP3 7080, and I'm getting the same error message, but with error 80040154 (when trying to open IDT files).

Does anyone know what this message means and how I can fix it? I run Trados 2009 SP2 on Windows 7 64-bit and need to open IDT files.

I don't know why I upgraded to T2009. I'm still forced to use Trados 2007 and SDLX due to SDL's seemingly deliberate sabotage of compatibility.

Rgds,
Morten

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Order of installation maybe? Apr 23, 2010

Hi Morten,

There are several articles in the Knowledgebase on this particular error but the closest one to your description looks like this one;

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2749&p=1

This relates to the order in which the products are installed so following this through might help you. In the meantime I'll contact you privately and we can take a look at the file to see if this is a problem.

Certainly deliberate sabotage is hardly on the agenda..!

Regards

Paul

Morten Narboe  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
+ ...
I'll try that Apr 23, 2010

Thank you for replying!

I did install things in the correct order, although I would expect the application to work regardless of the order. I will try the suggested fix and see if that sorts it out.

Again, thank you for the response. I'll let you know if the procedure worked.

(About the sabotage comment, I didn't specifically refer to this problem, but it does look like SDL would very much like everybody to use SDLXLIFF and drop all older formats. You can't save as TTX or ITD unless you have TTX or ITD to begin with, so you still have to use the outdated software. Sadly, it has the opposite of the desired effect. No offense intended, just frustrated that I haven't had any use for the software I've paid for)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 Freelance - Error opening ITD file

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search