Problem with "Glue utility" at SDL
Thread poster: Marina Mrouga

Marina Mrouga  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:46
Member (2005)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Sep 16, 2009

Hi everybody,

I am trying to merge a number of small .html files in very complex directory structure in one file. I've tried Glue utility for that. Uitility has generated one master ttx file which external looks normal. However, after opening this file in TE the Tag Editor behaves itself unnormally: Workbench buttons and commands, except for "open" are disabled. After opening translation unit only two commands activate "restore source" and "copy source". The 100% matches are not inserted in the TU automatically, and "get translation" is disabled.

At the same time .ttx file generated from one individual .html file using "Save" command works normally.

Can anybody advise about the origin of this problem and how to struggle it,

Thank you in advance.
Marina

PS. I use SDL Trados TagEditor 7.5.0.756


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:46
English to Polish
Connect to Workbench Sep 16, 2009

Marina M wrote:

I am trying to merge a number of small .html files in very complex directory structure in one file. I've tried Glue utility for that. Uitility has generated one master ttx file which external looks normal. However, after opening this file in TE the Tag Editor behaves itself unnormally: Workbench buttons and commands, except for "open" are disabled. After opening translation unit only two commands activate "restore source" and "copy source". The 100% matches are not inserted in the TU automatically, and "get translation" is disabled.


Make sure your TagEditor is connected to Workbench (simply click the "Connect to Workbench" button).


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Marina Mrouga  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:46
Member (2005)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
impossible Sep 17, 2009

Wojciech Froelich wrote:

Make sure your TagEditor is connected to Workbench (simply click the "Connect to Workbench" button).


Actually, this button in TagEditor is also disabled. When I open TU in TagEditor, Workbench recognises it and offers translation but TE does not take it.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with "Glue utility" at SDL

Advanced search







Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search