International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Trados Setup Wizard opens, although Trados already set up
Thread poster: Elizabeth Kelly
Elizabeth Kelly
Ireland
Local time: 17:35
English to German
+ ...
Sep 21, 2009

I have been using Trados Studio 2009 for a month now trying to work myself into it slowly. When I tried to open it this morning, the Setup Wizard opened up to guide me through using Trados Studio 2009 for the first time. I am afraid to lose files and termbases I have been using up to now. Can someone help please?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:35
English
SDL Trados Support Sep 22, 2009

Hello Elizabeth,

You will not lose your existing projects by running through the startup wizard again. If this menu appears again then I would recommend de-selecting the option to "Deploy Sample Files" and then continue. This will prevent the sample files from being deployed over your old sample files which you may still be using.

By default your projects are stored in the My Documents\ SDL Trados Studio \ Projects folder and they can be reopened in SDL Trados Studio 2009 by going to the File > Open > Project option.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Elizabeth Kelly
Ireland
Local time: 17:35
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Demo mode Sep 22, 2009

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your reply. I spent most of yesterday trying to figure out, why exactly I had to set up a software, that has been running smoothly on my PC for a month. I think I eventually figured it out. When I purchased Trados Studio 2009 Freelance last month, I automatically received a 30 day trial of the Professional version. My guess is that the Professional Version has been running in Demo mode for 30 days. As I did not purchase the license for the Professional version, it now reverted to Freelance, which is why I had to run Setup again and select the 5 languages I want to work with. Am I right in my assumption? Appreciate your advise,

All the best,

Elizabeth

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Setup Wizard opens, although Trados already set up

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search