Thread poster: Vito Smolej

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 16:02
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Sep 21, 2009

I am probably running the worst possible combination right now, and that is Vista and Studio 2009. Actually Vista is running we know how and Studio (w/o SP1) has for now been just taking up some real estate on my HD - you know, I have work to do (sg) and have scaled back to Freelance for the time being.

Whats the general experience about the #7 and Studio 2009 after SP1? How to proceed, what to avoid etc. My general attitude: in a tar pit you better watch your steps.

Regards

Vito

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Vista HP 64 and Studio - a good combination Sep 21, 2009

My PC is runing Vista Home Premium 64 bit and I have no problems with Studio (SP1).
No experience though with Win7. However, all votes I've heard about that combination are positive.
I am expecting this to run perfectly, as I have no problems with Vista already.

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 13:02
English to Portuguese
Studio SP1 runs great on Windows 7 32 and 62-bit Sep 21, 2009

Whats the general experience about the #7 and Studio 2009 after SP1? How to proceed, what to avoid etc.

I have been using Studio and Windows 7 since Studio SP1 Beta without any problems that I have experienced with the original version. All problems I've had with tags, hangings, crashes etc., mostly due to the 64-bit version of Windows 7 I use, were ironed out by SDL in SP1 Beta.

By the way, most of the problems I've had were, in fact, compatibility with legacy files. Unfortunately my clients demand bilinguals, both TTXs and DOCs, and SDL solved all problems that otherwise I wouldn't have if I could send the clients finished, translated and cleaned up documents, opened directly in Studio.

Regards

Edric

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
And what about the 2007 Suite part? Sep 22, 2009

Does it also run ok on Windows 7?

Joel Earnest
Swedish to English
No problems with Vista (ever) Sep 22, 2009

VitoSmolej wrote:

I am probably running the worst possible combination right now, and that is Vista and Studio 2009. Actually Vista is running we know how and Studio (w/o SP1) has for now been just taking up some real estate on my HD - you know,

If you're having problems with Vista, you may also have problems with Windows 7. From what I gather, Windows 7 is just Vista with a pretty face, with the same system requirements.
How does your system match up with the Vista/Windows 7 and Studio system requiremens?

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Like on Vista... but SP4 is required... Sep 22, 2009

Adam Łobatiuk wrote:

Does it also run ok on Windows 7?

Just like on Vista, the system is basically the same.
I tested it some time ago, passed.

BTW.
A general remark.
I think a SP4 for Trados 2007 Suite should be issued because of incompatibilities caused by the new Multiterm 2009.
SDLX 2007 is fixed now but Synergy 2007 is still inusable.
It should be a good opportinity to include all the minor patches in one package.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2009-09-22 10:35 GMT]

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Trados 2007 Suite SP4... Sep 22, 2009

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

general remark.
I think a SP4 for Trados 2007 Suite should be issued because of incompatibilities caused by the new Multiterm 2009.
SDLX 2007 is fixed now but Synergy 2007 is still inusable.
It should be a good opportinity to include all the minor patches in one package.[/quote]
I missed the Trados compatibility itself
After the Multiterm 2009 release, the terminology verifer plugin in Tag Editor 2007 stopped to work, so some patch is welcome...

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2009-09-22 11:13 GMT]

William Burke  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Where is the Studio 2009 SP1 available? Oct 1, 2009

I have searched in vain, but I seem unable to find a link to download the service pack. Does anyone know where it is available?

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 13:02
English to Portuguese
Has not been launched yet... Oct 1, 2009

Service Pack 1 has not been launched yet. All the people referring to it here are Beta-testers running the software for testing and bug-removing purposes. But it is close: SDL is making an extensive quality assurance work on it.

Regds

Edric

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 and Windows 7

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search