Can't find "Fix document" function
Thread poster: Alexandra Speirs

Alexandra Speirs  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:43
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 22, 2009

I'm using Trados 6.5 on a Word file.

I can't open a sector and a message tells me that the bookmark already exists. "Use 'Fix document' from the Trados menu.

I don't know where to find this function. I looked up the Help file, which also tells me to use Fix document :

"As well as the toolbar functions, the Trados menu contains additional functionality: Open Next no 100%/Get, Set/Close Next no 100% Open/Get, Shrink Segment, Expand Segment and Fix Document."

Where do I find it?

Direct link Reply with quote

two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Fix doc shortcut Sep 22, 2009

Hi Alexandra,

You should find it in the Word toolbar that will install under Trados. Almost at the end of File, View , Tools etc. I f you cannot find it, you can use the shortcut: Alt + Control + U and that is Fix document.

Hope this helps

Haydee

Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
got it Sep 22, 2009

Thanks, I never noticed that one !!
And to think I've been creating a new file and running through it again with the memory because I couldn't fix it ..... I should have come here sooner

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
nitpicking Sep 22, 2009

two2tango wrote:

Hi Alexandra,

You should find it in the Word toolbar that will install under Trados. Almost at the end of File, View , Tools etc. I f you cannot find it, you can use the shortcut: Alt + Control + U and that is Fix document.

Hope this helps

Haydee

For the sake of accuracy, that's not a toolbar. That's the menu list (menu bar?) The toolbars are the thingies with graphical icons a bit further down, and incidentally, Trados has one of those as well, without a fix documment icon/button.

Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that's where I looked Sep 22, 2009

I was looking for it on the Trados "thingie", that's why I couldn't find it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't find "Fix document" function

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search