TagEditor keeps crashing
Thread poster: JennyItaly
JennyItaly
Local time: 12:17
Italian to English
Sep 22, 2009

Hi,
I use TRADOS 7.0.0.615 - TAGEDITOR 7 and have been for 3 or 4 years. I have Office 2003 - Windows XP

In the last week - for no apparent reason TAGEDITOR keep crashing .. I have no error number ... the cursor highlights a word in the text and I get the usual microsoft program shutting down panel ..
The texts are excel and are very short forms.
But it closes after a few lines of translation whatever type of file I try.
I had contemplated reinstalling TRADOS .... but if anyone has any suggestions I would rather try something else before reinstalling.

Thanks in advance

Jen

Direct link Reply with quote

JennyItaly
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved Sep 22, 2009

In relation to the above .... I was reading through the forum and the problems the spell checker seemed to cause ....
It occurred to me that last week I was in fact messing with the options to spellcheck a file.
I had flagged word spell check before closing the trad ...
After deflagging the above ...... Tageditor worked fine !!
So thanks to any of you who read this .. and hope it may help others if something similar should occur to them
Have a good day all!

Jen

Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2007)
English to Italian
Have you... Sep 22, 2009

...installed any new software lately? If so, try uninstall it, restart the PC and try run TE again. Also, is the crash caused from the same word? Try open the file with word pad (blocco note) and check for any strange symbol before or after the given word.

Hth
Gianni

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor keeps crashing

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search